Dream Chapter Fifteen

Hello Readers:
I hope you all had a good night, and I didn't keep you waiting too long for chapters. However, I am telling you right now that I am going to be writing some chapters for you guys that are not in the current storyline. Rather, they are dream chapters. I hope you guys are okay with that; as I am thinking of putting a twist on a storyline that you will enjoy. Best Friend Magic.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dream Chapter Fifteen: Best Friend Magic
Day One – Part One: Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Chicago O'Hare International Airport
Travelling with kids is never easy. Add in the fact that the couple are travelling with twins, well that just makes things even harder. Twins, who are currently only 3 months old. But, with Gabby's maternity leave over; she's required to get back to work. The first job that they wanted to send her on? A fundraising trip, to a location that she got to choose. On that list? The Windy City itself. So, she told Matt that they're going back home for a bit so that they can (finally) introduce their boys to their friends in Chicago. And that was nice, as it's been a long time coming. Another thing that was nice? The fact that his wife seemed excited about the possibility of them going back to Chicago. Matt wasn't too sure how she'd feel at first, but she seemed really excited to go see them. But he still wanted to make sure as they walked through the airport and he pushed the stroller. "So, you're sure that you want to do this right? Going to the firehouse before we go to the hotel?"

Gabby took a breath as she looked at her husband, well aware of the fact that he was nervous to bring her (and the kids) to the firehouse; that was especially the case based on who was still there right now. As far as he's heard from Kelly, Sylvie was still an employee there; and he wasn't sure whether he wanted to have her around their sons. Their beautiful baby boys: Andrew, and Gabriel Casey. "Baby, we both know that...as scared as you are to bring the kids around her; you want to bring them to see someone else first. You want to bring them to see some other people at the firehouse, our best friends." Matt agreed with his wife when she said that, definitely ready to do just that. "Plus, I have a meeting there first." Matt was confused when he heard Gabby say that. "You do?" Gabby took a breath and looked at her husband before stopping in her tracks, her needing to tell her husband what exactly she planned to do at the firehouse today; he needs to know.

"Matt, I need to tell you something." Matt agreed with his wife when she said that. "Of course, baby, what's wrong?" Gabby then took a breath as she grabbed his hand. "I made a meeting with Chief Boden and the new Paramedic Field Chief this morning." Yes, it was still the morning right now. They got here at 10:30 after taking a 5 am flight. They wanted to spend as much time here in Chicago as possible with their friends. They're actually staying here through Thanksgiving. And that was going to be nice, being able to see everybody; it was going to be pure joy, and they could wait to see everybody. Now, it was just time for Gabby to tell Matt what she's going to do; well, after he asks her. "Why are you meeting with Chief and the Paramedic Field Chief?" Gabby took another breath, clearly getting a bit overwhelmed. Seeing that, Matt proceeded to get close to the woman he loves, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. "Hey, talk to me Gabby. What's going on?"

Gabby sighed. "I'm going to finally tell them what happened that last day, between me and Sylvie." Matt looked at his wife when she told him that, after all this time, she was going to tell the CFD what happened between her and Sylvie. He then went ahead and grabbed her hand, intertwining their fingers. "You sure you want to do that baby? That's a lot of baggage that you would have to bring out." Gabby agreed with her husband when he asked her whether, after all this time, she really wants to tell the CFD what Sylvie did to her. But, she has no choice; she feels a responsibility to tell them the truth of what happened between her and Sylvie on that last day. "Matt, she's still working on the streets of Chicago. No, I am no longer a paramedic. However, I still took that oath; an oath that I hold sacred to this day. Do no harm." Matt agreed with his wife when she said that, proceeding to get close to her before wrapping his arm around his wife's waist to kiss her head.