Chapter Thirty-Six

What do you guys think of Matt and Gabby (Temporarily) living with Kelly and Stella for now? Are you guys in favor of that, or do you guys feel like they should've found their own place right away (and stayed with his sister instead). Let me know what you think in the comments. But for now, how about we go ahead with Chapter Thirty-Six of "Second Chances: OLT" But before we begin, I want to comment on the breaking news that Lisa Marie Presley (the only daughter of Elvis and Priscilla Presley) has died. I feel horrible for her family, and I pray that she goes home to be with her father. Send them love.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

They say the best partner to sleep is a comfortable bed, and that was exactly what Gabby seemed to find in the bed that she and her loving husband were going to be sharing while they're currently homeless in Chicago. (Well, not homeless; just without a home of their own). So much so that, the moment the future mother laid down in bed and got all comfortable, she ended up falling asleep with her tablet on her chest. And that was why, rather than stay dressed and climb into bed with his beautiful wife; Matt decided to get undressed so that he could get very comfortable in bed with her. The truth was that, he didn't know just how long Gabby was going to sleep; and if she did end up sleeping for a majority of the day, then he wanted to be comfortable with her. The easiest way for him to be comfortable being him just wearing his boxers, especially considering the fact that Gabby was just wearing some lingerie for him. If he had to guess, she stripped off when she got in bed; so, he decided to do the same thing for her this morning so that they can both get some extra rest.

Quietly setting all of his clothes down on his bags, Matt then proceeded to bend down and grab his phone charger so that he could carry it over to his new side table; then, he would be able to plug his phone in all the time. He needed it to stay charged after all, since he was currently the only emergency contact that both Stella and Severide had in their lives. With all of their family being MIA right now, Matt and Gabby have truly become their family; especially Matt, as he has always considered himself Kelly's brother. And while their bond wasn't the best in the past (right after Andy died), their bond has just gotten stronger each and every year; and that bond they have didn't go away while he was in Puerto Rico, as it's still there to help him get through this. So much so, that Matt decided to send a text to Severide before he joined Gabby in bed. He wanted his brother to know that he's here for him, and that he's just a call away; he can be there very fast now after all. And the same went for Stella. If she needs anything, she can just call him or Gabby; and they're going to be on their way.

So, Matt decided to grab his phone as he sat down on the edge of his and Gabby's bed in his boxers, ready to text them.

XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Text Message Thread – Part 1 of 2:
M. Casey: Hey Stella, how are you doing at the hospital right now?
S. Kidd: Good, did you guys leave early this morning?
M. Casey: Yeah, we decided it'd be best. Plus, Gabby was tired.
S. Kidd: Let me guess, she wasn't comfortable in the hospital bed?
M. Casey: Yeah, not the most comfortable thing. We're at your place.
S. Kidd: Are you guys in the loft area?
M. Casey: Yeah, we're set up here so that you can have the bedroom. Kelly.
S. Kidd: Right, it'll be easier for him to get in and out of there. And he's good.

M. Casey: Yeah, I guess I should've asked that. I was just saying that's why we aren't in there, to make it easier on Kelly.
S. Kidd: Well, I appreciate that from you guys. Now, you guys stay as long as you want or need to.
M. Casey: Me and Gabby are probably going to start looking for a place when she wakes up from her nap.
S. Kidd: She taking a nap right now?
M. Casey: Yeah. I thought about going to get food, but you guys still have a full fridge.
S. Kidd: Yeah, can you guys finish that first? Like we said, we're stuck here for a while. So please, take your time.
M. Casey: You also need to remember that Gabby wants to find a place before we get too far along in the pregnancy.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX