Chapter Twenty-One

Well, that was a twist; and our first fight in a while. Did you guys expect that when you were reading the chapter? Well, let me know what you thought about it in the comments as I would love to know what you guys thought about it. But now, it's time for us to (obviously) make Dawsey better. I know, fights are never fun; and I know that the make up period might be short. But now, it's time for me to do that. Hope you enjoy a bunch of make up time between Matt and Gabby today.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

February 9, 2019 – Casey Home
Driving up to his and Gabby's home with roses in one hand, and chocolates in the other; Matthew Casey took a breath due to the fact that he knows that he made a mistake. That mistake? Staying elsewhere the night before. But just where did he stay the night before you ask? Well, that would be at his brother-in-law Antonio's place. He thought that'd be the best place to stay so that he wouldn't in trouble with his wife. Anyways, she must've known that he was going to need a bit of space after they had that lil' disagreement; and that was what he texted her the night before, that he needs space. He's just glad that his brother-in-law understood that was the case, and that he let him stay rather than send him back home. And he was going to make sure to tell him that. Turning his head as Antonio drove up to his and Gabby's home, Matt took a breath. Meanwhile, Antonio put his car in park due to the fact that; on the way here, Matt said that he wanted to talk to him before he got out and went to see Gabby. And there was a reason for that. As much as Matt knew that he did the right thing, he just wanted to know what Antonio's opinion on what he did the night before; that way, he could guess Gabby's reaction.

Turning his head once he and Matt were at his place, Antonio grabbed the coffees that they both picked up and just took a breath; completely unaware of just why his brother-in-law wanted to talk to him before he went inside. "So, is there a certain reason why..." Matt then decided to just come out with the reason, having obviously kept his brother-in-law waiting long enough when it came to why he wanted to talk to him before he went inside. And that was exactly what he did, by dropping a bomb on him. "I did the right thing right? Going to your place?" Antonio seemed shocked that Matt was even asking him that question, that question not being a question that he expected him of all people to ask him; especially considering he's Gabby's brother, the one who is going to be on her side when it comes to fights. But for Matt to ask him whether he did the right thing, Antonio just knew that it was for a simple reason. It was due to the fact that he was worried; worried about how things were going to go when he makes his way inside to be with Gabby this morning. It was on his mind, both of their minds; after all, Antonio will always be worried for his lil' sister. That just comes with the territory.

"You mean after that fight that you and Gabby had?" Matt took a breath and sighed. "I just can't help but wonder if I did the wrong thing, looking back; maybe I should've come here. Maybe we should've worked it out. I just..." Antonio then went to finish his thought. "You want reassurance that I believe you did the right thing in this situation, a situation that you are well aware I am going to be judging you for." Matt laughed when his brother-in-law told him that, turning his head to look at him. "Am I being that predictable right now?" Antonio snickered and just shook his head when Matt asked him that before proceeding to nod, as he was being very obvious at the moment as to what he was really worried about. He was worried as to what he thinks when it comes to what he did, staying away from his pregnant wife; his wife (whom is pregnant with twins). "First things first, let me just say this...I'm shocked you're having twins." Matt snickered and agreed with Antonio when he said that. "It feels like it was meant to be, having lost two kids in the past. So, it's making us even."

Antonio agreed with his brother-in-law when he said that, liking the way that they are approaching this. "And of course, that comes with extra risks; thank god she doesn't have an aneurysm anymore!" Matt agreed. "Tell me about it. By the way, thanks to finally understanding that I was just looking out for your sister, and that I didn't want her to leave; I was so miserable. It's why I came here. I wanted to be with my wife, and we were going to try for a baby even before we knew that there wasn't an aneurysm; but now, it's just nice to know that she's safe." Antonio agreed with Matt when he said that, smiling as he always trusted him when it came to him doing the right thing for his sister; but that's only after he thinks about it for a while, and he gets an explanation from his brother-in-law. "I swear, I really need to talk to you after getting information from Gabby that I don't like; maybe then there's a real reason why you do things." Matt laughed and agreed with Antonio when he said that, nodding. "I was just looking out for my wife at the time, and it's the same that I did last night. I came to your place so that we could get some space, space that could protect our unborn child last night."