Chapter Twenty-Four: It Made You Think of Andy

Hi Readers:
I just wanted to let you all know that, before you go ahead and read this chapter, that I've just recently re-written Chapter 23 of this story. So, I think you might want to read that chapter once again so that you can understand where we're starting this chapter, as this chapter will be a direct continuation of Chapter 23. So, let's not waste time and just get right into it.

Also, quick note:
 I have decided that I want to split my chapters when it comes to topics they talk about; so, my chapters may be a bit shorter than usual today. Hower, the chapters will lead into the next one.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Matt's POV – Part One:
When Gabby mentioned that, when I think of the fact that I'm a firefighter (I'll always be one at heart, even if I'm no longer working as one) and that we're about to have twins), it made me think of Andy...I just took a breath as I'm not really sure how to respond to what Gabby said right now. It's a lot to digest, heck I'm still digesting the fact that I'm even thinking of Andy for such a reason right now; but I do know that I'm thinking about it. I know for a fact that's what I'm thinking about at the moment, and I'm not the biggest fan of the fact that I'm thinking about it. I don't want to think about it, and I Just want to be happy over the fact that we're having twins. But still, it does make me think of Andy; and I'm really not the biggest fan of that as it was such a horrible time in my life. His death really changed my life, and it was just a mess at the time. My engagement to Hallie went down the drain, my friendship with Severide went down the toilet for a while.

And after Andy's death, I was just down at the time; and the truth was, nobody knew just how bad it was. I felt like I had to be brave, and that I had to be the leader that I thought the house needed me to be. So, there was a lot to go through. And the truth is, I don't think I've ever really had a chance to grieve for him as I've never really gotten a chance to slow down enough to grieve for him. I think that, this is really the first time I've had a chance to do it, and that's something that I think I'm just realizing right now I talk to Gabby about things that aren't even related to Andy. Yet, I am still thinking about it; and I have no idea why that's the case. All I know is that I would really appreciate it if Gabby got closer to me, which she did based on how quiet I was being. There's just something about her that always knows, when I get quiet, that I need her to be close to me. And I always appreciate it when she does that; as it means that I don't need to vocalize the fact that I need her.

She just does what I need right away, and it makes me feel so much better when she's close to me. Wrapping my arm around her, I took a breath before feeling her cuddle up to me in my arms. Grabbing the back of my head, Gabby stared into my eyes before whispering to me. "Baby, I can see something's bothering you. What's wrong Matt? It's me. You know that you can always talk to me, that's just a fact." Taking a breath, I looked at the woman I love. "It's about what I said, how it made you think of Andy. Baby, I'm sorry if that was the wrong thing to say." I shook my head when Gabby said that. "Hey, take a breath." Gabby agreed with me when I told her to take a breath. "Just breathe and relax because you said the truth. Yes baby, I've been thinking about Andy recently; and it's for many reasons." Gabby agreed with me when I said that, getting nice and close to me so that we were chest to chest. Wrapping my arm around her back, I stroked it with my thumb.

At the same time, she put her hand on the side of my face and smiled at me. "I swear, I both hate and love the fact that you're wearing this sexy lingerie for me." Gabby was confused when I said that. "Why's that the case baby?" I smirked as I leaned in and then kissed her softly. "It makes it harder for me to get you." Gabby laughed and smiled as I said that. She then stared into my eyes as she stroked my cheek. "That's the point." I agreed with Gabby when she told me that, well aware that was the case. But that doesn't mean that I'm happy about it. "Oh, I know that. But that doesn't mean that it makes me the happiest that it's the point." Gabby laughed a bit, snickering as I told her that. She then leaned in and kissed me softly. "Baby, what's going on. I want you to talk to me as I can see that something's going on in that head of yours, and you promised to talk to me if you need to." I nodded and agreed with Gabby when she said that, biting my lip.