Chapter Thirty

Well, that was a quick turn. I probably had you guys wondering...is Antonio going to have another kid? Well, I guess I just stopped that train of thought...now didn't I? Well now, there's a new set of conversations that need to start. These ones though, are conversations that just need to happen between Matt and Gabby as husband and wife. Want to find out how they're going to go? Well, there's only one way for you to find that out; and that's to read Chapter Thirty of Second Chances: Life in Paradise. So, how about we get on with it then? I now present you with Chapter Thirty. Enjoy readers!
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The couple were now all cuddled up to each other on the couch so that they could take a breather, relax and just talk about everything that happened upstairs. It seemed like something just hit a nerve with Gabby, and maybe things just hit much too close to homme for her to be okay with everything that's been going on recently. But, can you blame her? She just learned that her husband is interested in (still) fighting fires when he almost died; so, that just shocked her when she's pregnant with their twins. So, I think you can definitely understand just why Gabby felt like she had to remove herself from that situation. She had to do it so that she could take it easy and just relax. She was too worried for her health, and for her own sanity after all; I mean, her husband already died in a fire. Yet, after that...he still wants to fight fires. It's something they need to talk about now, and Matt said they will. But first, he wants her to relax and take it easy as they relax.

And that (of course) included Matt moving his hand around Gabby's 9 week twin baby bump. And let's just say that Gabby loved the feeling of his hand on her skin, especially his wedding band. The feeling of that nice jewelry of his is paradise, and it's really making her relax right now, as that's what she needs to do for the sake of their kids; she needs to relax and take some breaths. And that's something that Matt's also helping her with, a bunch of breathing that they've found online. But soon, they're going to have to dive into the topic that sent her running away from him in the first place; the fact that Matt wants to be a firefighter still, even though it's mostly wildfires here in Puerto Rico...and they're having twins. She's going to need her husband to help her though this, and he knows this. Yet, he still thought it'd be okay to mention that he thinks her wants to go back to being a firefighter; well, she doesn't think that's okay. In fact, it almost gave her a heart attack.

And that's something they don't want either, for her heart to stop while she's pregnant with their children; as that could mean that both she (and their kids) could die. So, Matt really needs to think about that when he's talking to her about these hypotheticals. I mean, he really is an idiot for thinking this would be okay. "You're an idiot." Matt was a bit taken aback when that was the first thing that came out of his wife's mouth in a while. "Excuse me?" Gabby took a breath as she looked up at her loving husband, grabbing his hand as she stroked it with her thumb. "You heard me. You're an idiot. Matt, can you just think about what you told me." Matt sighed. "I thought you just said that you want to be in the search and rescue division, not the fire division. Matt, search and rescue, and firefighting are two different things that we need to talk about as there are completely different conversations that need to happen for each job. Jobs that are very dangerous may I add."

Matt agreed with his wife when she said that firefighting is a very dangerous job, which is definitely the reality. I mean, that's just a fact; firefighting is a dangerous job. "Matt, the truth is that...even if I wasn't 9 weeks pregnant with twins, I don't know if I would ever be okay with you going back to being a firefighter; and you need to let me explain that to you." Matt agreed with his wife when she said that, ready to do just that. After all, he loves his wife more than anything. So, he's definitely going to go ahead with letting his wife tell him exactly how she feels right now. "Matt, you know how you were against this went we were in Chicago?" Matt agreed with Gabby when she said that. "Matt, that's how I feel about you being a firefighter from now on. Baby, I know that's hard to hear...because I know that you love being a firefighter. And I want to say that I could learn to be okay with it, but I don't think that I ever could be okay with you being a firefighter here."