Chapter Forty-Two: A Siren for an Alarm (PTSD)

Hello Readers: I'm sorry that I am just posting my first chapter right now. However, I had to run an errand and was just being a bit lazy this morning (we're all allowed to have those days right). Well, I'm here to let you know that I'm going to write now; and I hope to get as many chapters out to you guys as I possibly can. However, that doesn't mean that it's going to happen quickly. I pride myself with trying to write long chapters, and that's exactly what I'm going to do for you guys today. Now, without further ado; I present you guys with the first chapter (of many) that I plan on posting today. Enjoy!
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

They were woken up by the sound of a couple of loud sirens right outside of their home. Waking up in a state of confusion, Matt and Gabby Casey were both looked at each other; but the look that was in the wife's eyes was not just that of confusion, rather it was one of terror. And Matt knew why; she was worried that it was happening again. That someone called in a fire in their home, a fire that could kill the both of them this time. And that was scaring the crap out of the wife. So much so that she was paralyzed, not sure what to do. "Matt, did you leave something running downstairs? Baby, how could you be so stupid!" Matt just put his hand on her neck, confused as to just what was happening before looking at the time this morning. Seeing it was 11 in the morning, he knew it was too late for them to just be waking up; so, they must've taken a nap. But, at the same time, he doesn't smell smoke. So, there's a bunch of confusion. "Baby, let me up."

Gabby agreed with her husband, letting him get up so that he can go see what was going on. And that was exactly what Matt did. Basically jumping out of bed, Matt decided to grab his phone and basically rushed out of the room so that he could see just what was going on in his new home. After having just moved in here, he was determined to not let anything happen to this new home; the home which he plans on bringing his twins home to. Looking at Gabby from the door of their room, Matt was still extremely confused. "Baby, I don't smell anything." Gabby agreed with her husband when he told her that, not smelling anything either. "Shit, then it must be..." That was when they heard something from outside. "Happy Birthday!" Matt then just stared at his wife and decided to pick up his phone. "Excuse me for a moment." Gabby agreed with Matt, deciding to sit up as she looked at him this morning; already well aware of just what her husband was doing.

Opening his phone this morning, Matt went ahead and went to look for Boden's phone number; hitting the number, Matt proceeded to put his phone up to his ear so that he could talk to his chief. Maybe then, he can get the house to shut off the sirens before they get a noise complaint; and they get in trouble with another set of sirens who are guaranteed to come should they get a noise complaint. And lucky for Matt, just as he expected chief to do; he answered his phone. "Casey, how are you?" Matt then went ahead and just spoke to his chief. "Chief, I don't mean to be rude. But is that you guys outside my house right now?" Boden then took a minute to chuckle, a bit worried. "Yeah, it might be. You guys weren't answering your doorbell..." Matt then got mad. "Yeah, that's because..." Pulling his phone away from his ear, Matt snapped a bit. "...I WAS SLEEPING IN BED!" Looking at her husband, Gabby was not impressed at the fact that he just snapped at Chief Boden.

"Matthew!" Turning his head, Matt sighed while watching her get up out of bed and moving to grab the sweater that she has under her pillow. "Sorry Chief, I didn't mean to snap. Can you just tell them to turn the sirens off so that we don't get a noise complaint? And tell everybody to take it easy down there." Boden agreed with his captain when he said that, understanding why he snapped a bit. "Tell Gabby it's ok that you snapped a bit, I understand the situation." Matt took a breath when he heard him say that, not sure that Gabby will be ok with the fact that he snapped at their boss; hanging up, Matt turned to look at his wife. "He said it's okay that I snapped at him. And honestly, I wouldn't give a damn if he was mad that I snapped. Under no circumstances should the firehouse have done that when I'm still in this state of mind." Gabby then proceeded to walk over to her husband, a bit worried when she heard him say that. "Hey, what are you talking about baby?" Matt took a breath as he proceeded to walk over to his wife, feeling her get close to him this morning.