The Denim Jacket?

A/n: Btw the whole Hawkins ending thing isn't happening in this story, so pretend everything is normal and the world isn't going to shit.

( 2 weeks later )

* You lay in your bed not being able to sleep. To be honest you haven't slept at all ever since Eddie's death. You haven't gone to school, you barley ate, slept, or left your room. It was an endless cycle of nightmares. Your nightmares had come true, Eddie was gone. It was officially three hours into the school day. It was Wednesday and you decided to go to Eddie's trailer. You crawled out of your bed and threw on a hoodie with Eddie's denim jacket and some sweatpants. You didn't bother putting on makeup or fixing your hair, you didn't care. You stumbled out of the house and began the long walk*

( 20 minutes later )

* Once you were at the trailer you didn't bother knocking because Eddie's uncle wasn't living there anymore. You slowly made your way to Eddie's room. It was all the same, clothes everywhere, posters up, guitars on the wall, and cigarettes littered around the room. You choked back a sob as you looked into the room. It was so quite, it made you uncomfortable. Once the place that was filled with laughter and joy, was now consumed by silence. You suddenly felt the comfort of a mattress. You had realized you had fallen and landed on Eddie's bed. You grinned slightly at the familiar scent and covered yourself in blankets. You tried to hold it in, but it didn't work. Tears fell down your cheeks, they were warm making your eyes burn. You then came up with an idea, one that would bring you comfort. You crawled out of Eddie's bed and searched his room for cassette tapes, you found a few and stuck one into a Walkman you had found piled under the blankets. It started playing Why Can't This Be Love by Van Halen. You crawled back into Eddie's bed and slowly took off the denim jacket he had given you. You lay in his bed and cradled the jacket as you sobbed listening to music*

( 5 hours later )

* You woke up to hear the same song playing over and over. You took the cassette tape out of the walkman and stuffed them into your pocket. You slid on the denim jacket and slowly got out of Eddie's bed. It made you sad, leaving the place. But you knew you would never leave if you didn't. You walked out of the trailer and began walking home*

( 24 minutes later )

* Once you got home you immediately rushed into your room. You locked the door and succumbed to the comfort of your bed. You stared at the ceiling wondering 'It was my fault, I couldn't save him.' You shoved your face into a pillow and fell asleep once again*

( The Next Day )

* You were woken up by knocks on your door. You cursed under your breath and said*
Y/n: What?
Steve: Y/n? Can I come in?
Y/n: No. * You said shoving your face into your pillow*
Steve: We need to talk, I haven't talked to you in weeks.
~ ~ ~
Y/n: Fine.
* You slowly got out of bed and walked to the door, you unlocked it and let Steve in. His expression changed as soon as he saw you. I mean, you didn't exactly look the best. Your hair everywhere, mascara running down your cheeks, your eyes red. You took a few steps back and sat down on your bed*
Y/n: What do you want.
Steve: Please come to school, It's been weeks and people miss you.
Y/n: Fuck off, I'm not going back there.
Steve: Please?
* You groaned and put a hand to your forehead*
Y/n: Fine, but your doing my chores after.
Steve: Alright.
* You slid on some beaten up converse and grabbed your backpack and walked outside and into Steve's car*
Steve: Ready?
Y/n: Sure.

( At School )

* You got out of Steve's car and slammed the door, although the window was still open so he could hear you*
Y/n: Pick me up at 3:00.
Steve: Okay bye, good luck.
Y/n: Hmm.
* You walked away from Steve's car and into the school. People whispered into each others ears as you walked through the halls. People gazed at you, some were dirty looks, others were ones of worry. You groaned and eventually made it to your first class, Math. You walked into class and took your seat at the back side of the classroom. Dustin rushed over to you and said*
Dustin: Are you okay? You haven't been at school for a while now.
Y/n: I'm fine, how are the others?
Dustin: They're pretty shaken up, but they're recovering.
Y/n: What about you?
Dustin: I'm doing okay, I think.
Y/n: I understand he was sort of a father figure to you.
Dustin: Yeah but that's nothing compared to your situation. I mean, you were his girlfriend.
Y/n: Yeah, but still, are you okay?
Dustin: Hmm.
Y/n: Yeah?
Dustin: Yeah. * He said with a small smile*
???: Alright class, let's start.

( After School )

* School was torture as always. Not only did you get nasty glares but apparently there had been rumors that were spilled. The worst out of the bunch was that you killed Eddie. You almost punched the girl who told you who was spreading the rumors, Jason. You walked to Steve's car in a hurry as you were afraid of the stares and whispers. You rushed into the car and beside Steve*
Steve: Woah, what's wrong.
Y/n: Nothing, just drive.
Steve: Y/n.
Y/n: Steve Drive!
* Steve sighed and pressed on the gas peddle. Once you were well away from the school you sighed and broke out into silent tears. Somehow Steve had taken notice of your silent sobs and said*
Steve: What actually happened in there?
~ ~ ~
Y/n: There have been rumors, about me and Eddie.
Steve: What rumors?
Y/n: That I killed him.
* Steve groaned and took your hand in his*
Steve: I'm sorry your going through this. But Y/n this is going to happen. This is high school, people are mean. Especially snobby rich girls.
Y/n: It wasn't a girl.
Steve: Who was it?
~ ~ ~
Y/n: Jason.
* Steve stomped on the brake and pulled over to the side of the road*
Steve: Jason!?

A/n: Thanks for reading, short chapter today sorry. Anyway, good bye!