☆, work overtime to prepare for the winter

At the beginning of harvesting rice and wheat, Lu Bing demonstrated how to use the sickle made from the arrow bone and dragon bone. Afterwards, Lu Bing left ten Chinese cabbages for the best seeds, and cut the rest into piles. Dry it aside and marinate it tomorrow. In addition to the Chinese cabbage, water spinach, mustard greens, and red and white radishes that I brought earlier, the vegetable field here also collects onion, ginger, garlic, pepper and fennel and other seasonings in the wild. Water spinach and mustard greens are almost eaten, except for the seeds, and the others are cleaned up according to needs. The older the ginger, the better. Lu Bing has half an acre of old ginger here. In the end, Lu Bing will transplant it to the planting area in the East Room.

Pull out the red and white radishes, and pickle all the white radishes to make sour radish red and keep them for eating. The mustard greens are also cut from the roots and dried in the sun, and the peppers and fennel are also picked and dried in the sun. Maxine had already cut the rice and wheat and piled them up in one place. There was not a drop of water in the vacated field, and a few pieces of animal skins that had been sewn and removed from the fur were spread on the ground. Maxine carried out a hand-cranked threshing machine and a blower from across the river and put them on the animal skins, then turned around and broke off the old corn cobs from the seven or eight cornfields that had been transplanted everywhere and piled them on the side of the vegetable field. The pods of soybeans are captured and placed on a piece of animal skin to continue drying. After finishing these, Maxine looked up at Lu Bing, who had pulled out all the red and white radishes.

"I'm ready, drink some water and start threshing millet." Lu Bing got up and took the bamboo cup handed over by Maxine and drank the honeysuckle mint water in it in one go. Shake the handle before threshing. Grumblingly, it started to spin, and after smoothing, Maxine took the rice and turned it a few times on it to see that the grains on the ears of rice were clean. Seeing the effect, Maxine and Lu Bing looked at each other with a smile and got busy. .

The two cooperated very well, but the tools couldn't keep up with Maxine's speed. It took more than half a day to thresh the rice and wheat to remove impurities. Now the sun is already in the west. Maxine doesn't want to go to the forest to hunt. Many fish touched some river mussels and snails. Lu Bing grilled fish and boiled mussels and snails, and Maxine spread the millet and wheat separately on the animal hides, tied the stems into bundles, and dried them like umbrellas. After the meal, Lu Bing washed the white radishes by the light of the fire and cut them into strips and placed them on a clean bamboo plaque. Maxine peeled off the skin on the corn cobs and put them on the two knots. While waiting, hang it on a drying rack on a bamboo pole to dry.

It took Lu Bing two days to move the pickled vegetables to a cool place under the opposite cliff. Since the seeds of other vegetables were not ripe yet, Maxine only set up the planting area in the east room and broke off the place where the old ginger sprouted and wrapped it up. Grass ash was transplanted, and the long stone box on the empty shelf was poured with nutritious soil mixed with farm manure river mud and dried for seven or eight days. The millet, wheat and corn will still be in the sun for several days, and there are very few flying beasts passing by in Mishi. Now these things are not afraid of being stolen or ruined.

After tidying up the farmland, Maxine and Lu Bing had a short rest time. This day, Lu Bing rode on Maxine's snake and flew far away to see if there were any good things in other places. After the rainy season, the floods carried a lot of seeds. When the flood receded, these seeds would bloom and bear fruit in the harvest season. Those with a short growth period are now bearing fruit. Picking a forest and riverside that neither of them collected on weekdays, Lu Bing found a lot of olive trees. Olives smelled so bad that many herbivorous beasts didn't like to eat them. Lu Bing patted Maxine on the back to make him come down, and Maxine didn't turn around to check around and came back. Lu Bing had already climbed up the tree to check the condition of the olives.