CHAPTER 3 - sorry, we only take cash or card

a/n - please vote if you're enjoying the story :)) i hope u are!!

olivia's pov
i knock on iris' door. "come in!" she yells from inside. i open the door, walking in. "you're back so late," iris says. "i got stood up, that's why," i chuckle. "what? are you serious? ugh, knew adam had bad vibes. wait, why are you laughing?" iris asks, sitting up on her bed. "oh, do i have a story to tell," i say, sitting on her bed.

i clear my throat, "so, i was waiting an hour for him. so this girl, the manager, comes up to me, and tells me i've been here for a while. she gets me a glass of water, and i wait for another half an hour." "oh god," iris sighs. "anyways, thirty minutes pass and everyone left, it was literally just me and her," i say, "i felt bad, because she probably would've closed if it wasn't for me waiting. but then she comes and sits in the chair in front of me, picking up a menu. she ends up having dinner with me, and refused to let me pay!" "oh, that's so sweet!" iris smiles. "i know right? like, she could've told me that they're closing and kicked me out, but she literally took the time to have dinner with me," i say, "we talked about our lives, and it was like talking to a friend." "is she hot?" iris smirks. i laugh, "iris!" "what? valid question!" "yeah, she's really pretty," i admit. "is she single?" "yes." "oh my god, we have to go tomorrow!" iris exclaims. "don't you think that's a little weird?" i ask. "it'd be weirder if you didn't go back," iris says. "she probably doesn't remember me," i admit. "we'll see tomorrow!"

y/n's pov
i stand beside scarlett, scooping pearls into the cup as she makes a coffee. "you ought to know that... i think we're one of the same," we both sing, smiling. i make the milk tea, handing it to the customer.

i wait behind the counter, taking a drink of my boba, placing it aside. i feel someone tap my left shoulder, and i look there, seeing no one. i look to my right, seeing mateo standing next to me. he laughs, "afternoon, y/n." "hi mateo," i laugh. "how's the place been?" he asks. "good, relaxed," i say. "okay, i'm gonna clean table 5, i'll be right back," he says, picking up the cloth and spray. "please don't," i mumble. he hits me with the cloth at the back of my head, and we both laugh as he walks away.

i look in front, seeing olivia and a girl walking in. i smile as we meet eyes, olivia smiling too. 

she was wearing a stunning white sundress that matched her earrings, and her dark hair was cascading down her shoulders in soft waves.

they walk up to me, the counter separating us. "welcome back," i chuckle. olivia chuckles too, nodding. "dining in or taking away tonight?" i ask. "dining in, please," the girl beside her says, "table for two." "awesome," i say, picking up two menus. 

i lead them to a table, and they sit down. i hand them their menus, "tap the button when you're ready to order." they say thank you, and i walk back to the counter. i see emma chamberlain walk in, and i smile, jogging to jess. "she's here," i shake her shoulder as she cleans a table, "go get her order." i take the cloth and spray before she can talk, pushing her towards the counter. i laugh as she almost trips on the way, but she continues to walk fast to the counter, playing it off smoothly. 

i clean the table, walking back. i place it under the counter on a shelf, feeling my wrist vibrate. the work watch vibrated, showing a 'table 8 - order', indicating table 8 was ready to order. i pick up the notepad and pen, walking to olivia's table.

i stand beside them, "what can i get you girls today?" they tell me their orders, and i nod, writing it down. "is that all?" i ask. "that's all," olivia smiles. "perfect, it won't be long."

i put the orders onto the screen, the drink coming first. i put the matcha base in first, adding hot water. i mix it, steaming the milk. i angle the cup, pouring it in slowly. i make a heart with the milk, then making the iced coffee. 

i walk to them, and place the matcha latte in front of her, placing the iced coffee in front of the girl. my wrist vibrates, 'table 8 - food'. "i'll go and grab your food now," i tell them, walking away. 

i place their food in front of them. "thank you," the girl says. "thanks," olivia smiles. "no problem. hope you guys enjoy," i smile. olivia smiles too, and i turn around, walking away.

i walk to jess, who was making a coffee. "she said my name! emma chamberlain said my name!" she exclaims. "oh my god, really?" i smile widely. "yes! she was like 'hi jess, can i get a blah blah blah'," she exclaims, "i literally almost pissed myself." "oh, that's amazing!" "progress, baby!" she giggles, looking over the machine, "that girl was here yesterday." "oh, olivia, yeah," i say, glancing at the counter to see if anyone was ready to order. there was no one there, so i face jess again. "with someone," she continues. "at least she didn't get stood up again," i shrug, handing her a matte black coffee takeaway lid to match the cup. she takes it, "oh my god, is that olivia rodrigo?" "yeah, olivia rodrigo." "she's pretty," jess says, pressing the lid on. i hum. "cafe crush?" she assumes, smiling. i chuckle, "no!" "it's not embarrassing to have one," jess laughs. "she probably won't come here often," i say. "this is her second time in a row," jess says. "that's normal," i say. "is it, though?" "okay, well she came here with a friend," i say. do you reckon she's talked about you to that friend?" she asks. "i don't know, jess!" i laugh, walking to the counter to take an order.

olivia's pov
"she's gorgeous!" iris exclaims. i laugh, looking at y/n. she had a polite smile on as she took someone's order. her dimples were just showing on her cheek as she nods swiftly, tapping onto the screen in front of her. i pick up my phone as it vibrates. i look at it, seeing the contact name 'adam' was requesting a call. "oh, adam's calling me," i say, smiling fading. "are you gonna answer?" she asks. "nope," i say, placing my phone face down on the table as it continues to ring, "he hasn't texted me back since yesterday, you should see how many texts i've sent him that night while i was waiting." "good," iris says, "back to y/n. how old is she?" "my age," i answer. "this is perfect," iris laughs. "no! i don't know if she likes girls," i say, quietly. "ask," she says. "no, i'm not gonna ask," i laugh. "i guess we'll find out," iris sighs.

y/n's pov
i look at the time, 3pm. "just one more hour 'till my break, taylor's all too well 10 minute version 6 times," i whisper to myself. i look over at olivia, and we was looking at me. she looks away quickly, and i chuckle, looking at the customer walking in. 

i watch as jess holds out the card machine, olivia paying for her food, then her friend paying for hers. olivia looks up at me, and walks over. "hey, could i just buy a chocolate muffin with chocolate chips?" she asks. "sorry, we only take cash or card," i smile, trying not to laugh as olivia stares at me blankly, laughing a second later as she gets the joke, "that was a good one." i laugh, sliding open the window and taking out a chocolate muffin. i place the container on the table, putting it in on the machine, "that'll be four dollars, please." olivia nods, digging through her small bag and taking out a five dollar note. i place my hand out, and she drops the note into my hand. our hands just touch, and i open the cashier, placing it in. i take out a dollar note, giving it to her. she takes it, putting it into the jar to support a children's hospital we've partnered up with. i smile, and she looks at me, smiling. "we're gonna go now," she says. "alright, have a good day, olivia," i say. "you too, y/n," she says back. i watch as she turns around, her friend following her out.