CHAPTER 147 - essentials

a/n - please vote

olivia's pov
"now, starting off strong," i say to the camera as i record 'ten things i can't live without'. "this is my family," i say, showing the camera a photograph. "here, we have," i say, looking at the photo and pointing from left to right, "my dad, my mom, my wife, my baby, and me. they're definitely one of my top ten essentials." i chuckle, "that was christmas last year. y/n and i always spend christmas with her mom and my family at my mom's house. our families are super close, which i'm so grateful for. we have photo frames everywhere in the house of our family. literally everywhere- the bathroom, gym, kitchen, living rooms, studio." "how does it feel to have a daughter?" one of the women behind the camera asks. "oh, i could talk about this forever," i laugh, turning the photo around and looking at jada with a smile, "it's truly the most beautiful thing ever. jada's made me appreciate life so much more, and it's kinda like reliving all over again from someone else's point of view. i'm so grateful for everyone in this picture." 

i laugh as i look at the skinny pop popcorn. "there is one open bag of skinny pop on my piano at all times, on my all desk at all times, and in the kitchen at all times. open. like, just ready for me to consume," i say, chuckling at the next bit, "my wife gets so annoyed when i leave it around everywhere because she likes our house really neat- speaking of neat, one time jada got ahold of the one on my desk, and accidentally knocked it off. thankfully, she didn't eat it, but it went everywhere on the floor. it took me so long to clean it, but i was really sad the whole bag got wasted. i was tempted to just brush it off and put it back into the bag, but i couldn't."

i spin the perfume bottle on the table, "this is my favorite perfume. it's the baccarat rouge 540." i smell it, "so good. my wife got it for me... i think, for our very first one year anniversary. i was never super into perfume, before she got me this one. i was like, 'this is the one for me'. she gets it for me for every special occasion before i run out, so i have an infinite supply of them. she actually got me a candle of it too, so that burns in the house 24/7."

i smile, seeing y/n as she leans on her car. "how was it?" she asks, leaning off and looking at me. "very fun," i smile, kissing y/n. she hums, pulling back. she opens the door, and i get in.

"wait, what did you bring?" y/n asks as she drives. "i brought... the christmas picture of all of us- the one in the living room, skinnypop, my weighted blanket, my journal, my rings, my stanley cup, the perfume you got me, a book, aquaphor, and guitar picks," i say, looking back at jada as she stares at the roof. i look back forward as y/n laughs. "your popcorn?" she asks. "it's an essential, y/n," i smile. "oh, trust me, i know," y/n smiles, "can't wait to watch it."

the next morning
i lay in bed and look at y/n as jada lays on top of her. "i love you," y/n whispers to jada, "so much. and i'm gonna miss you when you grow up." i sigh, looking at jada as she looks at y/n. y/n smiles, bring jada to her lips. y/n kisses jada on the forehead, and jada looks at her. jada leans forward, and y/n and i laugh as jada puts her lips on y/n's cheek, not quite kissing her. "thank you, jada," y/n says, "wanna give mama a kiss?" y/n holds jada, leaning her into me.

i smile as jada's kiss goes to my cheek. "are you hungry?" y/n asks. i shake my head as i look at jada on top of me, "no." jada smiles, "no!" y/n and i laugh. "fourth word, baby!" y/n exclaims.

y/n hands jada her sippy bottle. "no," jada says. "what?" y/n laughs. "no," jada shakes her head, moving her face away as y/n tries to get her to drink. "no it is, then," y/n places the bottle on her high chair table, chuckling. 

y/n lays on the floor, holding jada. she stretches her arms up, then bending them. she repeats this process, and jada laughs. "ah!" y/n says as she pretends to drop jada. jada laughs and y/n places her on her stomach. "i love you," y/n says, looking at jada as she smiles. "ah," jada whispers, moving up y/n's body. she presses her forehead against y/n's lips, and y/n smiles, kissing jada multiple times. 

y/n looks up at me as she holds jada, smiling. "i think she loves forehead kisses as much as you,"  y/n says. "well it looks like i've got competition," i grin. "you do," y/n gives me a cheesy smile before kissing my forehead twice. "thank you," i laugh, "are you able to grab her a milk bottle from the fridge, my love?" "of course," y/n smiles, placing jada down and walking to the fridge.

i'm so glad that it was y/n who i had a baby with. she never complains when i ask for a favor. i knew she was tired for the first few weeks, but she still never complained when she had to get her milk in the middle of the night and wait for her to fall asleep just so i could sleep. that's what i loved most about y/n, she was the most selfless person i knew.

and now, she's inventing something that would make millions of females have a baby the person they love. she told me that she'd request the device to be sold for 10% more than how much it was manufactured for, at the most, so it was affordable.

y/n walks back, shaking the milk bottle. "my jada," y/n says. jada looks up at her, and she stands up. "up," jada says, closing and opening her fists. "okay," y/n smiles, bending down and picking up jada with one hand. i look at her bicep, smiling as she sits beside me. jada goes into a laying position, y/n securing her arm around her. i take off the milk cap. "thank you," y/n smiles at me, bringing the bottle to jada's mouth. jada looks at me as she drinks her milk. i smile, laying my hand on her stomach. her hand wraps around my finger.

i look at y/n, and she looks at me. "i love you," i say. "i love you," y/n smiles. i lean forward, capturing her lips with mine. i pull away, bringing my hand to y/n's jaw and kissing her again.

i hold jada as we walk upstairs, letting her go after we reach the second floor. she starts to walk slowly, follow y/n as we walk to our room.

y/n carries jada into her crib, laying her down. she puts the blanket over her, and jada holds her comforter. "goodnight, my jada," y/n smiles, "i love you." she presses her lips to jada's forehead. y/n looks at me with a smile, moving out of the way so i can say goodnight. "goodnight, baby," i say, "have the best sleep ever, i love you." i lean down, kissing jada's cheek.

y/n wraps her arms around me, and i close my eyes as she rubs my back. "i hope jada finds love as good as ours," y/n whispers. i smile, "me too." "she'll... probably experience her first heartbreak, too," y/n says. "i know," i say, "we'll be there for her." "we will," i say, looking up at y/n. she looks down at me, and smiles.