CHAPTER 28 - you get me

a/n - please vote : )

we get out of the pool after a few hours. i pick up olivia's towel, wrapping it around her. "thanks," olivia says, holding onto her towel. "no problem," i respond, picking up my towel. i wrap it around myself, and we all start to walk back to our rooms.

olivia and i let conan and madison shower first. i sit on the edge of the bed, towel on the bed so it doesn't get wet. after they both shower, i let olivia shower. "you sure?" she asks. "yeah, you can go," i smile. "okay, thanks," she says, "i'll be quick."

another 30 minutes later, olivia comes out. "that was really quick," i say, with a sprinkle of sarcasm. "i know," olivia says, using a towel to dry her hair, "half an hour less than how long i normally shower for." i laugh, walking past her and into the bathroom.

i sit beside olivia after showering, looking at her. "my quick and your quick don't mean the same thing," she laughs. "oh, i know," i laugh too. "anyone hungry?" madison asks. "not really," i say. "yeah, not yet," olivia responds. "a little," conan says. "well, the lunch buffet opens in an hour," madison says. "there's some snacks we brought on the table if you want any, conan," i say. "i'll take a look," he says, getting off the bed.

conan takes a packet of chips, and i look at olivia. "want any chips?" i ask, "actually, we brought crackers and cheese if you want some." "really?" olivia smiles. "yeah," i laugh, "i'll grab them now."

i sit next to olivia, placing a slice of cheese on the cracker. i place it in my mouth, chewing and getting another one. i put cheese on top, turning to olivia. i place it in front of her mouth, and she opens it. i drop it into her mouth, and she smiles at me as she chews. "don't get too full," i say. "i know," olivia responds, "one more." 

"ugh, i'm so full," olivia says as we walk to one of the restaurants. "olivia!" i laugh. "i didn't think it would fill me up!" she laughs too, "i just won't eat as much." "i-" "told you, i know," olivia finishes my sentence. "we can half something," i say. "are you hungry?" she asks. "not really, but i can still eat," i say. "you sure?" she asks. "yeah, i'm sure," i say, "we'll half. just let me know what you want and we'll get it." "let me know what you want," olivia responds, "like i said, i'm not that hungry." "we literally like the same things anyways," i chuckle. "great... tastebuds eat alike!" olivia exclaims. "you get me," i smile. olivia bumps into my arm softly, "i do."

3 days later
"anyone wanna go to the beach?" i ask. "right now?" conan asks, "it's almost ten thirty." "yeah, so?" i say. "i'm tired," he laughs, "cliff jumping today wasn't enough for you?" "yeah, how're you not tired?" madison laughs. "i guess i'm just not," i laugh, looking at olivia, "wanna come with me?" "just me and you?" she asks. "well yeah," i chuckle, "considering they don't wanna go, the rest probably won't." "oh," olivia says, "yeah, sure." "you don't have to if you don't want to," i say, a little disappointed from olivia's tone, "i'll probably still go if you don't anyways." "no, i'll go, y/n! i'll go, let's go," she says, getting off the bed. "are you sure?" i ask, "i'm not forcing you." "i wanna go with you," olivia gives a convincing smile, "come on, let's go." "how cute," conan teases. i stand up, and olivia and i start to walk out. "shut up," olivia tells conan. i open the door for olivia, and she walks past as i hold it.

the beach was a five minute walk from our resort. "you know," olivia says, "i could never get sick of this place." "you'd be the one sick if you did get sick of this place," i say. "right?" liv laughs.

we get to the beach, and i hold my shoes in my left hand, olivia on her right. i look at her, seeing she was holding her shoes with her right hand. we walk onto the sand, my feet sinking in with every step.

i look back forward, taking a look at the view as we start to walk to the other side of the beach. "surprised no one's here," olivia points out. "yeah, i know," i say, "beaches are equally pretty at night." "the water's pretty scary at night, though," olivia says. "true," i agree, "but still pretty." "calming," she says, "no one's running around, you don't need to worry about getting sunburnt." i hum, looking down.

i look at olivia's hand, seeing it was swinging a little as she walked. i move my hand to hers, intertwining them. olivia looks down too, and i look at her. we both smile.

we sit on the sand, looking at the waves. "how's the holiday?" olivia asks. "perfect," i say, "how're you finding it?" "perfect too," olivia smiles, squeezing my hand lightly.

we listen to the waves in silence for about 3 minutes.

i take a deep breath, head full of thoughts. "you okay?" olivia asks. "yeah, why?" i ask. "you seem stressed," she chuckles. "i have something to say," i say. "can't be worse than the spider," she jokes with a smile. "um... depends how you take it," i shrug. olivia's smile fades, and she looks at me with a questionable look. "shit," i exhale. "don't do this again," olivia chuckles softly, "come on, tell me." i take one more deep breath. "i love you."

olivia's eyebrows widen slightly. i let go of our hands, placing mine back in my lap and looking back at the water. "i was planning to tell you when you broke up with me," i say, "that's what i wanted to say." probably shouldn't have added that. "oh my god," olivia whispers, "are you serious?" i nod. "shit y/n, i'm so sorry," she says, "thank fuck we didn't say it at the same time." i nod again. "look at me," olivia says, "please." i look at olivia, cracking a smile, "happens." "i'm sorry," olivia says, "i had no idea, really." "it's okay," i say. olivia places her palms in the sand, moving closer to me. she brushes her hands against each other, and the sand falls off. "it's okay if you don't feel the same," i say, "i understand. i'm sorry if i ruined this holiday." "y/n," olivia says, shuffling once more. she places her leg over me, sitting on my lap. 

we both stare at each other, and a soft smile falls onto olivia's lips. "i love you," she says, "i love you, i love you so much." i smile widely, "really?" "yeah," she laughs, "i've loved you since... forever. what's there not to love about you?" "i'm so glad," i chuckle. "i'm so glad too," she says. "wait, we're dating now, right? can i be your girlfriend?" "of course you can," she laughs, "now, are you gonna kiss me?" i laugh, nodding quickly, "'course." my hands go to olivia's waist, and her hands go to my jaw. we meet half way between us, and i connect my lips with hers.

we walk into our room again, seeing the lights off, one lamp on. "they're sleeping already," olivia whispers with a quiet laugh. "yeah," i chuckle.

i sit on the edge of the bath, talking to olivia as she brushes her teeth. "it's funny how you can't get bored of paddle boarding," i chuckle. olivia smiles, nodding with the toothbrush in her mouth. "are we going tomorrow?" she asks, spitting out the toothpaste. "not sure," i smile. "wonder what we're even gonna go tomorrow," she says, rinsing her mouth before placing her toothbrush away. 

i let olivia onto the bed first as we went the same side. she gets in, and so do i. we both get under the covers, as tonight was one of the colder nights we've had. "i can finally cuddle you to sleep now," olivia whispers very quietly. "i know," i chuckle, reaching over her and turning off the bedside lamp. i lay back down, feeling olivia's hand sliding around my body. "just come closer," i smile. "okay," she laughs, and i feel her head on my chest. she puts the rest of her body on top of me, wrapping her arms around my neck as she lets out a sigh. i reach for the blanket, pulling it back up, making sure it's over olivia. i place my hands under the blanket, wrapping my arms around her. "goodnight, y/n," olivia whispers, "i love you." "goodnight, olive. i love you too."