CHAPTER 119 - intruder

a/n - please vote

1 week later
i open the car door for olivia after we went for our weekly grocery shopping. "thank you," olivia pecks my lips before getting in.

i start to drive home, getting out of the car park. my phone buzzes, and olivia looks at it. her eyebrows furrow, picking up my phone. "y/n, you got a notification from your door lock camera... ring camera thing," olivia says, tapping a few things on my phone, "there's... like, twenty people in front of our house." "what?" i ask. "wait," she says, turning up the volume on my phone.

"are you sure this is y/n and olivia's house?" one says. "yeah, someone followed olivia from her studio," another says.

they continue to have a conversation, and i pull over, parking the car. "what do we do?" olivia panics. "they must've jumped the gate," i sigh, looking at my phone. "should we call the police?" olivia asks. "um, yeah. i think that's the sensible way to go," i say, olivia picking up her phone. "do you wanna talk? or should i talk?" olivia asks. "i'll talk," i say, taking olivia's phone as she hands it to me.

after telling the police about it, they hang up and i look at my phone as they repeatedly knock on my door. "this is insane," i whisper. "they all look like, sixteen to twenty-five," olivia adds.

i angrily sigh as they all run away, hearing the police. olivia turns my phone off after the police was too late to arrive. "that's perfect," she whispers. "should we go home?" i ask. "well, yeah," olivia says.

we arrive home, talking to the police for a little bit. thankfully, they were nicer than the ones i come across as spider-woman. 

i sit beside olivia on the couch as she thinks of what to type to post on instagram. "that's good," i say, once olivia had talked about our privacy and the trespassing. "i'll repost on my story," i say. "okay," olivia says, pressing post. in a few minutes, we were number one trending on twitter.

the next day , 9:31pm
olivia and i lay in bed, and i lay my head on her shoulder as i look on her phone. i look down to my wrist, pulling my my sleeve. i run my fingers over the day old scars, swallowing. i watch olivia's hand go on top of mine, holding my hand.

my ears almost perk up as i hear a sound of something moving downstairs. "did you hear that?" i whisper to olivia. she turns her volume down, "hear what?" my heart starts to beat faster, and i feel the hairs on my neck and arms stand up at the uneasy feeling. 

i reach over and put on my glasses, waiting for the quick retinal scan. "FRIDAY, scan the house, please," i say. a blue line pushes against the house, now everything holographic. my eyes immediately go to the figure downstairs, them turning on the kitchen light.

"who is it?" olivia asks. i look at her, pressing my index finger to my lip. olivia eyes go in fear, and i slide the web shooters on, that were on the bedside table. "just wait here," i whisper. "what? you're leaving me here?" olivia whispers as i keep my eye on the figure that was walking around the house. "i can't take you with me," i whisper back. "but i don't wanna stay here," olivia whispers. "fine," i sigh, "come on. you have to stay behind me, though." "i'm scared," olivia says. "what do you wanna do, then?" i ask. "do they have anything on them?" she asks. i zoom in onto the holographic person, "no. i mean, nothing i can see right now." "okay," olivia says, taking a deep breath.

olivia pulls down my sleeve and holds my arm as i guide her downstairs. "who's there?" a girl whisper yells. "who's there?! you're kind of in our house right now," i say, olivia letting go of my arm as i walk down the stairs faster, taking a good look at the brunette girl, who looked olivia and i's age. i realize that she's one of the people we've taken a picture with a few times on the street- also now realizing she was one of the people who were at our front door yesterday.

her eyes surprisingly widen and she smiles at olivia and i. "oh my god, you guys actually live here!" she exclaims. "listen- this is our house," i scoff, "olivia and i actually live here. it's just really invasive and selfish for you to trespass. so can you leave, please?" "wait! just- can we talk, first?" she asks. "wha- no," i shake my head, looking back at olivia as she waited on the stairs. she looks at me, then back at the girl as i hear footsteps.

i quickly jerk my head back as her lips almost touch mine. i spin around her, shooting my web shooters. a web flies out, catching her hands together. "are you crazy?!" i yell. she turns to me, opening her mouth. "no- please, just go," i say, holding her shoulders and spinning her around. i start to guide her to the front door, looking at olivia as she follows.

i unlock the front door and open it, keeping my hand on her shoulder. "please, don't come back here again. olivia and i are probably gonna have to move houses now," i say as she steps outside of the house, "how'd you get here?" "walked," she says. "at nine thirty by yourself?" i ask. "yes," she answers. "jesus," i huff, "how far's your house or where?" "it took me more than half an hour to get here." "oh my god," i sigh, "alright, even though you broke into my house, i'm not gonna let you get kidnapped. i'm gonna drive you home." "wait, really?!" her eyes beam in happiness. "actually- on second thoughts," i retract, "i think i'm just gonna get you an uber." "no! no, i hate ubers," her face changes to fear, "please. no ubers." "fine," i say, "i'll drive you home. but you're still gonna be... handcuffed." "okay, okay. that's fine," she says.

"just stay here for a second, okay?" i say softly to olivia, "i'm just gonna take her home." "can i come with you?" olivia asks me. "are you sure?" i ask. olivia nods, and i nod too. "okay," i say. i open the passenger door for olivia first, and she says, "thanks." we both smile at each other, and i close the door once she was in.

i open the door for the girl, and she gets in. i realize she wasn't able to buckle her seatbelt, so i do it, then closing the door and heading to my side. after she gives me her address, and we start to drive in silence.

olivia looks at me, and i look at her, before looking at the road. "so..." the girl pulls out, "how was your guys' day?" "don't make me web your mouth," i say. "hey," olivia says to me, "don't be too mean." "you're right," i tell olivia, looking in my rear mirror and looking at the girl, "my day was going fine. until all this happened." "oh," she says, disappointed. "'oh' is right," i sigh. we reach the girl's house, and i open the door, getting out after telling olivia to stay in the car.

i lead her to the door, "do you have keys?" "yes, in my jacket pocket," she answers. i reach into the pocket, taking out keys. i unlock her door, pushing the door open and looking at her. "please, don't come to our house," i say, "you're lucky i dropped you home. next time, you'll be in a police car." her eyes widen, and she nods, "yes. okay." i reach behind her, pulling off the webs. 

i sit back in the car, reversing. "what'd you say?" olivia asks. "kinda threatened her," i admit. "what? saying what?" "that she'd be at the police station if she comes to our house again," i say, "it wasn't too mean, but it got the point across." "i've never seen you yell before," olivia says, "and it wasn't even a yell yell. it was kinda hot." i chuckle, shaking my head. "but i don't want you to yell at me," olivia laughs.

"are we... seriously gonna move?" olivia asks. "i feel like this isn't gonna get better," i say, "you saw the multiple tiktoks of the people who came to our house. they took videos of our house. it was easy to find out where we live," i say, "do you feel safe in the house?" "um," olivia thinks, "i mean, obviously not as much as i used to. but since you're here with me, it's okay. i wouldn't mind moving, though." i sigh, stopping at a red light. "do you wanna move?" she asks. "well, i want you to be safe," i say, "so yeah." "then we can figure out a nice place," olivia says. i smile, holding olivia's hand as i nod.