𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟱𝟮 - 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗻

a/n - voteeee!!!

i take my glasses off after arriving in front of the restaurant. i close them in the case, picking up my phone. a notification among few catch my eye, and i read the message from liv.

'good luck my love💗'

i reply with a simple:

'thank u olive enjoy home :)))'

taking a deep breath, i open the door.

i walk up to the reception, but hear someone call my name. i turn around, looking at dad. my eyes look at mom, who sat next to him with a smile. they both wave me over at the same time.

i sit down awkwardly, opposite mom. "i thought it was just gonna be me and you, dad," i look at him, "no offense, mom." "it's okay," mom answers. "well, we haven't had a family dinner in a long time," dad says, sighing and picking up the menu. acting like nothing's happened.

for almost hour, i go along. i move my plate to the side, placing my glass on top of it. "we... wanted to tell you something," dad says, giving a weird look to mom. "what is it?" i ask. "do you wanna say it?" dad asks her. "no, you say it," mom looks at me. 

i look at dad. "we're deciding to legally separate," he says. my eyebrows raise in shock. before i can speak, mom does first. "our relationship isn't healthy anymore," she says, "and i know you've noticed that too." "of course, i still love you and your mom," dad says, "but this is for the best." i take a minute to process everything. "it's because of your drinking problem, isn't it?" i ask. dad takes an uneasy sigh, "part of the reason, yes. i know i've hurt you two girls a lot these past... god, decade. i just... every time i look at you, i know you think of the bad memories of us." "why don't you just fight harder?" i ask, "i know addiction's hard to overcome, but-" "y/n," dad interferes, "there's no point fighting for it. we've already signed the papers and done the paperwork."

i get out of my car as soon as i turn off the engine, locking the car and unlocking the door. i open the door, seeing olivia reach the bottom step. "hey," she smiles. "hi," i say. "your eyes," olivia says, walking up to me, "they're watery... are you okay?" i close my eyes in defeat, wrapping my arms around olivia.

olivia rubs my back as she hugs me, "it's okay." 

olivia convinces me to go upstairs, and she holds my hand as we walk to the bathroom. "sit down," she says softly. i sit on the toilet lid, which was clean as we cleaned the house a few days ago. "just a second," she says, getting the makeup remover and cotton pads.

olivia makes her way to my lap, sitting comfortably on me. "just relax for now," olivia says, "you can tell me later, if you want." "okay," i say, closing my eyes as olivia starts to take my makeup off.

i get changed, and olivia and i lay in bed. i lay on top of olivia, her arms around me. "my parents are splitting up," i tell her, "well, already split up." "oh," olivia whispers, "i'm so sorry." "i know it's for the better," i say, "i've kinda wished for them to split up because i know my mom would be better without my dad when he's drinking again. i just didn't expect it to hurt so much." "of course it's gonna hurt, y/n," olivia says. "i know," i say, "i just hope they're both gonna be okay. they loved each other a lot, even though my dad didn't show it at times." "are you gonna stay in touch with your dad?" liv asks. "i'll try to," i say, "they both said that they love each other, and if my dad gets better, they can maybe get back together." "that's good then," olivia says, sliding her hand up my shirt. "sorry for venting," i tell her. "what? y/n, don't say that," olivia tells, "i love talking to you, about anything. i'm always gonna be here for you." "before i met you, i didn't tell my friends or family about my problems. sure, only little ones. kinda just kept it to myself. now it just flows out of me when i'm with you," i tell olivia, "a little cheesy, but it's the truth." "it's not cheesy," olivia tells me, "i'm glad you tell me. thank you, and i love telling you everything too." "i'm really, really grateful for you, olivia," i say. i hear olivia softly chuckle, "i'm really, really grateful for you too." 

we lay in bed for around fifteen minutes. "have you eaten dinner?" i ask. "no," olivia tells me, "i was too busy thinking about you." "thanks, but you gotta eat," i say, "i'll make you something." "are you sure?" olivia asks. "yeah, of course. come on."

i sit beside olivia as she eats her fish and chips. "wait, i need a picture," olivia takes out her phone. she puts her phone up, getting both of us in the frame. we both smile for the camera as olivia holds the plate with one hand, moving it up into the frame. "three, two, one," olivia says as she smiles. olivia writes 'fish n chips!!' as the text, posting it to her story and highlight.

i smile and shake my head as olivia asks if i want any. "positive?" she frowns. "yeah, i already ate," i say. "okay," she says, "thank you for dinner." "of course," i answer with a smile.

"i've got work tomorrow," i tell olivia as i put on a sweatshirt with her face on it. she looks up from the bed, looking at my sweatshirt as she smiles, "yeah, nine in the morning 'till three?" "yeah," i say, laying in bed. "i'm at the studio until four," olivia tells me. "an hour of heaven," i smile. "yeah, yeah," olivia laughs, laying her head on my pillow as she throws a leg over my waist.

i look at olivia with a grin. she smiles back, moving her face closer to mine. she tilts her head to the right, slipping her nose a little past mine. i smell her coconut moisturizer, focusing on the fresh strawberry lip balm on her lips. i look up at olivia's eyes, which i could just see from the bedside table lamp. she keeps a smile on her face, pressing her lips together and shifting them side to side, spreading her lip balm. 

i keep a smile on my face, savouring the moment. "you know you're really gorgeous, right?" i whisper. olivia softly chuckles as a response, looking down at my lips.

olivia places her hand on the back of my neck, pulling me closer to her. i close my eyes a second before olivia and i's lips touch. i taste olivia's lip balm and she lets out the softest hum. i open my eyes once she pulls away. "strawberry lip balm," i smile. "yeah," olivia smiles, biting her lip the slightest as she traces her hand down to my chest. she looks down at her hand, rubbing my chest with her thumb. 

i close my eyes, and olivia takes her hand off my chest, reaching behind her and turning off the bedside lamp. she moves closer, putting her head on my chest. my phone vibrates, and i open my eyes, picking it up. i read the short message from mom. "so bright," olivia chuckles into my neck. "sorry," i say, swiping the brightness down.

i tap on the message, responding and turning my phone off. i wrap my arms around olivia again, closing my eyes. "you okay?" olivia asks. "yeah, just my mom," i say. "is she okay?" olivia asks. "i think so. she's just checking up on me," i say. "pretty late." "i know," i say. "are you okay?" olivia asks, hugging me tighter. "yeah, yeah. i'm good. are you?" "i'm good too," olivia says, "i love you." "i love you too," i answer, yawning.