Chapter 2

* Phone Ringing *

" Hello..."

"It's Daniel Salvatore. I have some work for you. There's this drug dealer who is unnecessarily poking into my business and I want you to finish him. I gave him the warning but he is still crossing my paths"

"What? Are you serious? Is it that easy Mr. Salvatore? I don't like people who don't have the least amount of courtesy. Did you ask me whether I'm willing to do the job? No. So, find someone else and show them your dumbass attitude."

"You're just an assassin. Your job is to kill people for your clients. So, do whatever you're told."

"I'm sorry to inform you but you have crossed path with the wrong one. I think you don't know who I am..."

"You are an assassin. So, do your fucking job."

" Yes, I am. But does the name 'Black Rose' ring some bells Mr. Salvatore? If you still don't know who I am, then I'll make sure that you never forget my name."

"Wha... What? Y...o..uu.. can't.. be... Black Rose."

"Oh, so it does ring some bells and yes I can be Black Rose. I'm letting it slip this time because you didn't know who I am but from the next time remember to respect people."

"Y...e....sss.."

"Good. Now tell me where can I find that drug dealer."

"V..i..pe..e.."

"For fuck's sake stop stuttering and talk properly. You really don't sound like a drug lord."

"Yes. You can find him at the Viper Club tonight. He's going to meet some of his clients there."

"Okay but what am I getting?

"Two hundred fifty thousand euros."

"What? I'm not doing the job. Either you double it or find someone else."

"But....."

"Shove your buts and ifs up your ass. I'm not doing this fucking job."

"Okay. I'll make it double."

"Good. Once its done, you'll be informed."

***Sigh***

How the fuck do they become drug lords. Such a pussy. Doesn't even know with whom he is talking. I've never seen such a dumbass in five years of my assassin life. And god knows where I keep so much patience. An assassin should go and wipe out his or her family who disrespects them but here I am coaxing a fucking drug lord like a baby...
Suddenly Uncle Matteo broke my trail of thoughts. Smiling at me.

"Tough day at work?"

"Just don't talk about it. I've never seen such a fucker in my five years of assassin life. Like seriously that asshole doesn't even know who he is talking to."

"Rose, sweetheart, this line of business will show you different shades of people. You will meet many types of people and you have to deal with it. If you can't then I guess your daggers can work well." (Smirking at me)

With that all my anger drains out of my mind. Uncle Matteo knows the right thing for me. It's difficult to maintain two lives. First is the life of an economics professor, who loves to teach and interact with her students and another is the assassin, who finds pleasure in people's blood. I know, two very contrasting professions but I love it. In this five years people wanted to know who 'Black Rose' is but none of them were successful ar knowing. It's fun when people talk about your other life in front of you. Except Uncle Matteo nobody knows who I am. It's good to see fear in people's eyes whenever they hear about Black Rose. 

"So, where are you going tonight?'

"At the Viper club to kill some disobedient drug dealer."

He started laughing. "Seriously you are a Professor. Never thought disobedient and drug dealer can be used in the same line."

'Okay. Stop pulling my leg. I have some blood waiting for me. So, I have to go. Do you have a job today?"

"You sure, you are an assassin and not a vampire because you sound like one and to answer your question no I don't have a job today. Your old man is going to stay at home and do some hacking."

"Okay and stop calling yourself old. Have you seen the girls who literally drool over you? Though I don't want to think about it but still you can't deny the fact that girls are ready to worship you at your feet."

"I would love the other way round." Again smirking at me.

"Oh my God. Stop!!! I'm not interested in your sex life. You be happy with your hacking today and I'll go finish my job."

"Okay. Take care and best of luck."

With that he left my room. I'm very lucky to get such an uncle. He took me from the streets when I was just ten years old and from then I haven't seen any hardships. He has taught me everything to defend myself and treated me like his own daughter. He always held me in his embrace whenever I had my nightmares. This profession is also given by him. But sometimes I fee like maybe because of me he never got married. I always tell him to get a love life, to enjoy his life but he is not ready to listen. He says that he's already enjoying his life. So, I decided that I'll not force him anymore. I guess he'll find someone soon.

After taking a shower I get dressed in an all black outfit and left to take some pleasure. After all pleasure is the sweetest when it's paid for by another's pain.