Rose

We decided to get married within a month. Call us crazy but we couldn't wait anymore. Wedding preparations were in full swing. Cake tasting, decorations, dress shopping everything happened fast. I loved every moment of it. The only thing which I opposed was the bachelorette. No way in bloody hell I'm going out partying when I'm pregnant with two. It's better to stay in the comfort of my fiance's arms. So, without giving us the privacy we had a joint party. Only our close friends and family.

"So, tomorrow you are going to get hitched.", Luca said to Carl.

Carl sipped his wine and answered, "Best decision ever."

"Initially it is but when you are in the process you get to understand the real deal."

Malena glares at him, "Luca Rossi, you better prepare yourself to sleep on the couch tonight. No way in hell you are getting lucky tonight after that comment."

Everyone of us laughed, only Luca went tense. Then he started groping. It's my sister he's dealing with.

I went up at the centre to make an announcement. We were discussing about this for a very long time.

"Can I have your attention?"

Everyone walked up to the living room. "Okay, so, this is an important thing to discuss. So, since, Marco is out of the picture, technically there's no one to run the Mexican mafia. And there's no sign of relatives because everyone cut ties with the mafia. I was told to take control of it but since I'm marrying Carl it's not possible for me to sit in Italy and run the whole thing. So, we decided that zio will become the new Don of the Mexican mafia."

Zio was shocked. Everyone else were happy to hear my decision. "No, princess. I ran away from that. I can't go back again."

"I know but this time it'll be all you. Your rules, your men and your way of business. Everything will be decided by you. And now that zia is there with you I don't have any doubt that the Mexican legacy will be carried on. The Italian mafia will give you the support that you want."

Zio stared blankly at me but then he said, "Can I think about it?"

"Of course, you can but just to let you know I want this for you."

He nod his head, "I can understand."

Carl and Rico tried to convince him to take up the mafia. But I can understand it's too sudden.

Malena suddenly said, "Rose, you need to come with me tonight. The bride and the groom can't stay together before the wedding. It's bad omen."

And I snuggled more with Carl. I can't think of leaving him. "No. I'm not leaving him. We can go tomorrow morning. Not tonight." He wrapped his possessive arms around me and argued with Malena. After almost twenty minutes Malena accepted her defeat and dropped the topic.

"Fine but I'm coming to take her first thing in the morning."

"Okay but not tonight."

"Fine. God you guys are glued by your butts. Nobody can seperate you."

And then I said, "Whoever tries to seperate us dies. I won't think twice before slicing their throat."

"God woman, fine. Nobody's taking you away from him."

With that we celebrated our bachelorette. I thought Luca would have put on a fight about the bachelorette but he didn't. I guess my pregnant self is not so cute.

We bid our goodbye and went back to sleep. Tomorrow we'll start afresh.

************************************