Carlos

I was not expecting her birthday to go like this. Rose was shattered after her so called mother revealed the most vital information of her life. She fell asleep in my arms with tears in her eyes. That's the only fucking thing which I don't like to see on her face. I was raging seeing her like that.

She woke up today but nuzzled closer in my chest. Memories from last night were again swarming her head. I could only stay there for her and wipe out the Mexicans.

"Mia cara, what's your plan for today?"

"Staying in bed with you. I'm not in the mood to go anywhere, Carl, so please don't suggest that."

I chuckled softly and kissed her temple, "No university, today?"

"I'll take a sick leave."

Just then her phone rang. She got a lot of calls from the morning but she didn't pick up any of them. She was not going to pick this call also but I forced her to do so. She can't switch off everyone from her life forever. I didn't see the name on the screen but she did listen to me and picked up the call.

"Hello."

After listening to whoever was speaking she put the phone on loudspeaker.

"Speak, Malena."

"Can we meet, Rose?"

"If it's for you and Luca, then I can meet."

"It is about that but also about-"

"No, Malena, I'm not interested to speak about Mrs. Espina. She already shattered me into pieces, so,not anymore. I don't like to feel weak but she did the exact same thing. Made me weak."

"I know, Rose but she's also your mother."

"Mother? Who's my mother? A mother doesn't abandon her child, Malena. Maybe you didn't had a good father but you always got the love of a mother. And where was this mother when I was fighting for life at a dumpster. And the person who took me in, he also lied to me my whole life. Mothers fight for their child, Malena. Everyday I wished for a mother, a father, a family until I almost died. She didn't give a single fuck after giving birth to me and I don't even know why did she took the hassle in giving birth to me. So, don't talk about your mother as mine. And how do you know that she's my long lost mother?"

Fresh tears were rolling down her cheeks and her whole body was shivering under my hold. And then Malena shouted, "Stop talking about my mother like that. She gave her whole life to protect us from that evil bastard who was unfortunately our dad. You don't know what we had to go through."

I couldn't control myself anymore. I literally screamed, "And you don't know what you have to go through if you keep speaking to my girlfriend like that. I'll not think twice before wiping out your existence."

She might have flinched on the other side but I don't fucking care. Talk to my woman like that and you must start counting your fucking days.

Her voice again become soft, "I'm sorry, Rose. But please, let's meet."

She was not answering to her. She was not in the mood to answer and I was already raging to answer anything. I'm just keeping myself together for this woman in my arms.

"You can bring Mr. Valentino if you want. We can talk."

After a pregnant pause, she replied, "Today. Paninaro. At seven. But I'll leave if I don't like the conversation."

"Done."

She hung up. Rose curled up in my arms and again cried her eyes out. God, I can't see her like this.

"Rose, baby, don't cry. Look at me."

"What should I do, Carl? Why everyone hates me. Nobody wants me in their life."