Carlos

I still can't get over the kiss. I want to run to her, hold her in my arms and kiss her forever. But I'll respect her decision. She wanted some time and I'll give her that.

The next morning I woke up and went down to the drawing room. Please someone remind me why Luca is still alive. Oh because he's my friend. He was crying, laughing, and hugging Rose. Weird combination. Then I got to know that it was because of his favorite ice cream. I kissed Rose on her cheek and wished her Good morning. Yesterday, I called the event manager of the wedding to set up a surprise for Rose. Thankfully, they agreed. If they refused I would have understood. I saw how her eyes lit up when I told her about the surprise. I can't wait till the evening.

"Go to your room, I have a surprise for you there."

"Another surprise??"

"Yes, go. I'll handle it here."

"Don't spoil me, Carl."

"I'll spoil you even if you don't want to get spoiled."

She pulled me aside. I know nobody is in the state to listen but still.

"Carl, I told you yesterday that if you do such things I'll not be able to leave. It's very rare for people to care so much about me and I'm an emotional fool. I can fight and do everything but when someone cares for me, my heart melts."

I can feel her pain. I can see her pain. I held her face in my hands so that our eyes meet.

"Listen, from now on add me to your 'people who care for me' list because that's what I'll do. I've never felt this alive for ages. You don't know these two days have been the best days of my life. I'll not give a tag to our relationship now. Once you come back we'll think about that. Right now just enjoy your surprise."

"You are so sure that I'll come back?"

"Yes, you will. Now go."

"Okay, Carly boy."

Suddenly we heard someone shouting. It was Giana. She was scolding her daughter for drinking so much. I think she needed it. Not only her, everyone needed it. The way they are drinking, I think they'll attend the wedding with a hangover. Both of us laughed and then she left to see her surprise.

In the evening, I got ready in the most casual way possible. A jogger and a hoodie. I know that's not the dress code to impress a girl but when the girl is Rose, I don't have to put effort into my dress code. I came out of my room and saw her standing like a goddess. She wore my gift. I gifted her a co-ord because I know she'd be more comfortable in that than any of the dresses. When she saw me she came running towards me and hugged me.

"Did you like that?"

"I loved that."

"I knew it. I wanted to gift you a dress but then I thought about your comfort and bought this. You are looking hot."

"And you're looking dashing. But you didn't have to buy this for me."

"I know but I just wanted you to take back something from here till we meet again."

"Okay. Let's go. I can't wait for the main surprise."

"Come."

And she took my hand so that we can leave but then again how can I work smoothly when there's a witch in this house?

"Why are you holding hands?"

"That's none of your goddamn business."

"No, it is. We love each other."

"What? Have you lost your mind woman?"

"Yes, you don't know but I love you."

I can feel Rose's body getting tensed but she's not saying anything. She's giving Beatrice a cold gaze.