Rose

I woke up tangled up with Carl. His spicy cologne hit my nose when I was almost half awake. His strong hands wrapped around me tightly. But then reality hit me. I have to leave before anyone wakes up, especially Carl. I will not be able to leave if he wakes up and again begs me to stay.

I left his embrace and got off the bed. I went straight to my room to get freshen up. My bags were already packed just needed to take some of the essentials and I will steal something from someone. I went to his room again. He was still sleeping like a baby. Who would have thought the Lord of the Underworld looks so peaceful while he sleeps? I opened his wardrobe and took one of his shirts which smelled like him. This will get me through the days I'll not be there with him. I think he'll forgive me for stealing. I kissed his cheek for one last time. He turned and tossed a bit but he didn't wake up. There was a strange tightness in my chest but I had to ignore it.

I left a note for him because I know he'll find me once he wakes up. He needs to understand my point and I know he will. He wants Black Rose. I'll give him that but for that, he needs to give me time. I will be off their radar as long as I want. The game is mine and I'll decide the rules. Carlos Valentino let's continue this hide-and-seek a bit more.

With that thought, I left the villa and went straight to the airport. Thanks to Uncle Matt I was able to get a ticket at the last moment. Finally, it announced the passengers flying to Italy should board the airplane soon.

Fourteen hours journey. When I went there it was a pleasant journey because of Carl but right now this became exhausting. I reached home almost at night. I rang the bell at the door and Uncle opened the door with an overly happy face and I know why.

"Hey, sweet pea. Finally, you are back. I missed you."

"I missed you too and stop working on your happiness. That looks fake."

"Rose, can't a man be happy to see his princess?"

"Of course, he can but that happiness on your face is looking forced. If you are thinking that I am in distress because I left Carl, then the answer is a big, fat NO. I'm sad, yes but I know my responsibilities and I know what is at stake."

"I know that. You are a strong girl but sometimes you can just throw that façade away."

"Listen, right now there is no façade. Right now the only concern is Diego. That bastard is going down, Uncle. So, after I freshen up we are going through all the leads that you have found on him."

"Right away?"

"Yes, right away. I hate delaying things. By the way, what's for dinner?"

"Mac n' cheese."

A faint smile played on my lips. His favorite food.

"Very good. I'm coming back. Keep the files ready."

"As you wish, Boss Lady."

"Thank you, Boss Uncle."

And he laughed. Goofing around with him is so easy even if we are in a difficult situation.

I went straight to my room and entered the shower. I had to take a cool shower after so much. I miss his cologne on my body. God, I miss him. It has only been sixteen hours approximately and I'm already missing him. I can understand that I have to work my ass off to end this situation.

When I came down for dinner, my uncle was already setting up the table. The aroma of the food is lingering all along the room. This man can easily win any cooking contest with his amazing cooking skills.

"Come sit. First, have your dinner then we will go down with the pieces of information."

"Okay."

I sat on my side of the table and shoved a spoonful of Mac n' cheese in my mouth and the foodgasm hits me. How can a professional hacker cook like a Michelin Star cooks? It's so good to be back.