Carlos

This morning I was shifted to the cabin. I was recovering fast and why not, after all I'm going to be a father. I still can't believe I'm going to be a father.

Val and Lisa both came to meet us. "How are you doing, brother?"

"Better. By the way, congratulations."

"How did you know?"

"Rose told me about it. My little brother is going to be a father."

Rose interrupted, "Congratulations again for becoming an uncle." It took him time to register whatever she said.

"Wait. What?! Uncle. Rose, are you pregnant?"

"Yes." And she giggled.

Val definitely went crazy listening to it. He rubbed his face with his hands. Lisa said, "We are just one week apart."

He laughed and hugged me. "Oh God I can't believe. We are going to be fathers."

"And uncles too."

"Yes. Yes. But first we have to tell our family."

He hugged me again. Apparently my little brother still can't believe the change of events. Just then then a nurse interrupted our moment.

She looked towards Rose and said, "Ms. Smith, I hope you can have an ultrasound now."

"As long as my boyfriend can join I'm fine with it."

"Of course, he can."

She did mention yesterday that her ultrasound is due. I guess it's time to see my little angel for the first time.

For my convenience they set up the whole system in my cabin. They told Rose to lie down for the process. After applying the gel on her belly, they moved the transducer on her slowly and the screen lit up. I looked at it blankly. After a minute the doctor said, "Congratulations, you are going to have twins."

What?! Twins?! Rose looked at me in shock. How the fuck did we make twins?!

"You mean two kids?", that's the most stupidest question someone has ever asked.

The doctor smiled and said, "Yes, Mr. Valentino. Prepare to welcome two little members in your family."

Okay now I need a punch to belief everything. The doctore pointed at two dots on the screen. My babies. My little angels. I was so happy that I didn't even realise that I was crying. I kissed Rose's forehead. This beautiful, strong woman has given me the best gift of my life.

Once the doctor left I just held her in my embrace. She said, "Double trouble, Carl."

I warned and said, "Hey don't call my princesses trouble."

She lift her face to look at me. "Princess! Huh! How do you know that we will have daughters?"

"I just know. I want two little Rose running around our house."

"I want a boy too."

"Okay, we can try next time."

"There'll be a next time also?!"

"Of course." And we chuckled.

"Carl, if we only have daughters then who'll carry on with your legacy."

"Our daughter. The belief that only the sons can carry on with the mafia ends here. She might have to prove that to our allied mafias but I know our daughters will be much stronger than any of the Dons."

She leaned forward to kiss me. I always wanted to stop this. It's always the first born son of the Don who takes up his position but if we have daughters then my first born daughter will be the next Donna. She'll take up my place.

************************************

One week has passed since I was discharged from the hospital. This whole week has been quite eventful. Since, I was not allowed to step a foot outside the house I had some of my work delivered to me. Rose has turned out to be extra horny after the pregnancy. We are fucking like bunnies. Though I'm trying to be as gentle as possible for my little angels. Another weird change in the house is the unimaginable pregnancy cravings. Yesterday, she burst into tears because I stopped her from eating pickles with ice cream. She's been crying too much lately.

"Carl, why are you so hot?"

I chuckled and then she snapped, "What is there to smile? Stop being so hot. I can't get enough of your dick."

I don't know what my reaction should be at this. It's just the first month.

I went down the stairs and saw my beautiful pregnant girlfriend in the kitchen searching for some weird combination of food. I went up to her and I asked, "What are you looking for?"

"Mayo."

"Wait. Let me look it for you."

I found the mayo from one of the shelves and gave it to her. She was jumping happily looking at it. She wrapped her arms around me and kissed me saying me 'I love you.' And then I saw the disaster. She was mixing the mayo with nutella.

"What are you doing, Rose? Who eats mayo with nutella?"

And she again started crying, "But your daughters want it."

Sure they do. "Fine. Don't cry. You know I don't like tears in your eyes. Eat whatever you feel like. If you need anything more just tell me, okay."

"Why can't I stop crying? Why did I become so weird?"

I wrapped my arms around her waist. "You didn't become weird. You are amazing. You are carrying our children and that too two, it's not a matter of joke. My love for you increases by every second. And I like you pregnant."

And then she smiled and laid her head on my chest, "Carl, promise me that you'll protect our daughters."

"With my life. Not only our daughters but you too."

I kneeled down in front of her and placed my forehead against her belly. "Hey, angels, it's your papa again. See mama is crying again. Don't make her cry, sweethearts. I love you, my little angels. Papa can't wait to meet you."

It has been a ritual for me. Every now and then I just bent down to speak with my sweethearts. Soon, we will be able to find out the gender but I've a strong gut feeling that we are going to raise two queens. The next Donna of the Italian mafia.