Rose

Finally, the week came to meet the Mexicans. At first I thought I've to fight with Carl to take me with him but he himself insisted me to go with him. I seriously need to know a lot about him. This morning we went straight to the airport. Luca was already there with some of the men.

"When will we land?"

"Tonight."

"So, we meet them tomorrow?"

"Yes."

"Nice. Let's see what little Marco wants from us."

Carl laughed,"He's not little, mia cara. He's a grown twenty- nine year old."

"Doesn't matter. If I see something wrong, I'll give them another corpse to mourn for"

"Woah. Always ready for action. Huh."

Luca said, "Rosy girl, everything will be under control. But it's better to be safe than sorry. So, keep your daggers close."

"Oh don't worry about that. I keep them the closest."

He gave me a mischievous wink. We take our seats. Carl sat beside me while Luca sat with the men so that no one can snitch even if they want. Though they are the most trusted men as per, Luciano.

The flight took off and after half an hour my phone rang. Lisa's name flashed on my screen.

"Hello."

"Rose Smith, when were you going to tell me that you killed the head of the Mexican mafia two days back, Beatrice is dead and you are in the private jet to Mexico."

"Jeez, calm down, woman."

"I'm hearing bizarre things and you want me to calm the fuck down?"

"Who told you?"

"Who do you think?"

"God, I need to talk with Val."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"Because I didn't want to stress you out. You already have your career to stress about. I know how difficult it was for you to fight with your board members to keep your job, just because you were marrying into the Italian mafia. Think about that. You don't need our miseries to add to your plate."

"Rose, I worry about you and you know that very well. I don't give a fuck about my job but if something happens to my family, I'll die."

"Okay, calm down. Nothing will happen to us. And you have to understand something that there will be things that I'll not be able to share with you. Not right away but after everything settles, I'll tell you. Just keep that much faith in me. Deep breaths, baby."

I heard her gasping over the phone. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, but when you come back we'll talk."

"We will, babe. Calm down."

"Okay. I have to go."

"Fine. Take care and don't stress much."

She hung up and just then Carl pulled me on his lap. He brushed some strands of my hair behind my ear looking concerned about the phone call.

"What happened?"

"When we return home, your brother will receive two or three broken bones from me."

He chuckled, "And why's that?"

"He told Lisa about our recreational activities for the past few days. I told him not to tell her anything because I knew she'd get stressed."

"Maybe, Alisa forced him to say?"

"No doubt about that and also he behaves like a star struck school boy around Lisa."

He kissed me softly and said,"I can understand. Apparently, I also behave like a star struck school boy when I'm around you. Mia cara, we Valentino men love hard. We can't hide anything from our women. My dad never did and we as his son will never do that too. But I can understand where you are coming from and I also know that Alisa is strong. If she wants the information, let's give it to her and if she wants she can tell us to stop sharing that."

I nod," You amaze me every time, Carl."

Again he chuckled and kissed my temple. We stay silent for a while. Moments like these can top all the toe curling sex we have.

"I have something for you."

"What?"

He leaned down with me to search his duffle bag. After a while he pulled out something wrapped in a black cloth.

"What is it?"

He picked me up and placed me on the seat. "Give me your hand."

Without questioning farther I gave my hand and he wrapped a gun holster around my upper arm and then he put a gun in the holster. My face lit up after seeing the gun.

"Carl, this is beautiful."

"You must be the only girl in this whole goddamn world who gets excited to see arms and ammunitions instead of jewellery or dress."

I smiled. "Carlos Valentino, I'm not interested with your money and this so called beauty. I'm interested in you. So, if you really want to make me happy just stay by my side."

He smiled and again pulled me on his lap. "You will not let me sit on my seat?"

"No. You want to sit and what's the best place than my lap."

I laughed. He's crazy. I kissed his cheek. "You are beautiful, Mr. Valentino."

"And you are amazing, Ms. Smith."

We stayed like that for almost an hour until I was dozing off to sleep. He picked me up and walked the aisle to the room. He tucked me gently under the blanket.

"Sleep, mia cara."

He was leaving but I held his hand. It's difficult to sleep without him. He became a habit.

"Don't go."

"I'm not going anywhere, love. I'll just be out there."

I sat up. "I know but I can't sleep without you holding me."

He smiled and brushed his thumb over my lower lip.

"Fine. I'll stay till you sleep."

He crawled up beside me and held me in his arms.

"Carl."

"Yes, baby."

"I love you."

"What?"

"I'm not going to repeat myself."

He shifted and pinned me to the bed. "Tell me or else I'm going to fuck you till you lose your sense."

I giggled, "I love you, Carlos Valentino. Happy? And I'd love that senseless sex"

His face broke out into a broad smile. "I love you too, mia cara." And he kissed me vigorously. I wrapped my legs around his waist.

"You made me the happiest man alive."

"And you make me the happiest woman, every day. I hope it's not too soon."

"Too soon? Remember mia cara, we are at our own pace. And when you know, you know. I love you so much. I don't know how did I live without you so long."

"You don't have to live without me anymore."

"Move in with me."

I laughed. "What?"

"Why are you so funny, Carl. I'm already living at your house."

"Our house, mia cara and I just asked because I realised I never asked you officially to move in with me."

"Okay. Yes, I'll move in with you."

He kissed me again. Deep, slow and toe curling. God, I love this man. He's my home. He's my family. He's my everything. Maybe we are moving too fast but when you know, you know. And I'll move to hell and heaven to keep him safe.