Carlos

Today I had to wake up early to go to the warehouse. It's the gala day I have to look that the security is tight because with Diego I'm not taking any chances. And above all I had some dealings with the Russians

Just when I was climbing down the bed, Rose scooted closer to me wrapping her hands tightly around me as if she doesn't want me to go. I kissed her forehead and somehow I left her on the bed.

When I reached the warehouse, my security team was already there. Luciano being the head he has to be present.

"Luciano I hope your team is ready."

"As ready as they can be but I promise you the security will be tight."

"I trust you Luciano. Today I don't need any chaos. As happy as I would be to kill Diego tonight, I'm not taking any chances with my family."

"I know."

"Good. Where is Luca?"

"He's running late. Seems like he got his dick wet yesterday night."

"God, remind me again why he's still alive?"

"Because he's your best friend."

"Right. Fine. I'm leaving for the dealings with the Russians. If Luca comes tell him to meet me at the location."

"Okay, boss."

When I was climbing my car, Luca came up to me imat the speed of the sloth. It can be understood that he was destroyed last night.

"I'm here."

"You're sure?"

"Are you seeing a ghost?"

"Bro you don't look like yourself. Is it alcohol or women."

"Both."

"Get into the car. I'd like to be on time with the meeting."

"And look into the first aid box, there's aspirin. Take one medicine, it'll help with your headache."

"I love you."

"And I hate you."

We drove to the port for our meeting. Uncle Marcelo was not present instead his son came. My beloved cousin, Andrei. He will land before the gala. When he spotted us, he came up to us to hug.

"Long time no see brother. Heard a girl caught your interest."

"We met last month and with the girl part you are right."

He smirked and said, "So, the infamous Carlos Valentino is also smitten. Nice."

"Done mocking me. Can we talk business?"

"There's nothing to talk about. The arms are in these boxes, tell your men to check."

"That's why I like doing business with you."

"Not only that. You love your little brother too much."

"I do but don't let Val hear this."

Everyone burst out in laughter. I instruct my men to check the count of the arms. I know nothing can go wrong when I'm doing business with the Russians but still better safe than sorry. Blood or not, traitors are traitors.

"So, we will see you tonight?"

"Of course."

"You have to introduce me to your girl. I have seen her at the wedding but we never met officially."

"Fine."

My men started to load the boxes in trucks. Luca was chatting with Andrei. I took the chance to call Rose.