Rose

When I woke up, Carl was still holding me. I can never get tired of having him beside me. I'd love to skip the gala but Carl was right about Lisa going insane about my absence.

I got ready just like Carl wanted me to be. I was isln aww looking at myself. The black silk dress fell elegantly over my body. The heels giving me a bit height and a lot of confidence. I was looking sexy and sophisticated. The holster added a whole new look.

I messaged Carl to come to our room. He came running as if I needed something asap. Yes, I needed him. He opened the door and he stopped there. When he came forward to me I could see only warmth in his eyes.

During the whole limo ride I sat on Carl. He was not going to leave me and didn't want it to be any other way.

When we entered the hall O was shocked. Glitters, glimmers and shimmers all around. Money doesn't only talk here, it fucking screams.

Lisa spotted and ran towards me. She was looking stunning in her satin golden gown. She pulled me in a hug while I held Carl's hand.

"Where were you?"

"We are not late, Lisa. We are on time and you are the cynosure of this party. Enjoy, girl."

"I will when I get my best friend by my side."

She gave Carl a tight hug.

"Hey, sis-in-law, how are you doing?"

"Oh, stop with the formalities. We met yesterday."

Three of us smiled.

"So, can I take your girl or is she stuck with you?"

"She's stuck with me but I can lend her to you for some time."

"Hey, don't talk like I'm not present."

Carl leaned sideways towards me and whispered, "Baby, just hold on a bit. I have people with whom I have to meet and then I'll steal from everyone."

I giggled. Laugh and giggles are quite frequent when he's around.

"I'll be waiting."

He gave a one last kiss and disappeared in the crowd. I shift my attention to Lisa.

"Where is Val?"

"Oh he's talking business. But the girls are here and Silvana and Floria are dying to meet you."

"Let's go then."

She grabbed my hand and dragged me through the crowd whole I scooped a champagne from the tray nearby.

Silvana squealed seeing me. She can be an assassin but she didn't lose her eighteen year old innocence.

"Rose, I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, Silvi."

"You know my brother was seconds away from banging his head. He went crazy without you. He didn't even attend our family dinner."

I didn't know he was this miserable without me. But why? Yes I did promise to come back but it was never like we knew each other for a very long time. Floria broke my trail of thoughts. She pulled me into a hug.

"How are you, sweetie?"

"I'm fine. How are you?"

"I'm fantastic."

"You look stunning."

"You too."

Just then, Nonna joined us. I guess her night off paid off well. I'll not be stunned if goes home with a man beside her.