Rose

It's been a week since that bastard died. Though none of us were interested to organise a funeral, Carl did organise a small gathering for mom. After all he was her son. He made sure that I don't attend even if I told him that I need to be there for my mom. Even mom restraint me from going. She said and I quote 'I don't want my daughter to be involved in any of the thing that asshole is also involved'. Carl didn't attend it too. He's staying by my side as much as possible and he's recovering which is a great news. Today, there is a welcome back party for Carl at the Valentino mansion and we decided to announce our pregnancy today. I think it'll be in vain if I hide my pregnancy anymore. Soon, I'll start showing.

We got ready and went to the mansion. Carl is extra careful and possessive around me nowadays which is cute. I feel sorry for my poor man that he has to deal with my three sixty degree mood swings but I also love to see him flustered when I start crying for silly things. It's not that I don't understand that but it feels like my body and my emotions are not under my control. That day Luca complemented that I look cute but I took it in a different way and started crying. I'm crying a lot now. My babies don't like their mama without tears.

We entered through the giant door and one of the helper greeted us with a huge smile.

"Welcome back, Mr. Valentino. How are you?"

"Thank you. I'm fine."

I did catch her eyeing Carl and this time possessiveness were running through my veins. She totally ignored my presence. I saw her name tag it read 'Jessica'. I put up a sneaky smirk on my face and asked her, "How are you, Jessica?"

I spelled her name with venom. She was startled, "Good, Ms. Smith."

I nod my head and said, "I hope you would love to stay like that."

This time she stutter, "Y..yes."

"Good, so, try to maintain your happy life or else it won't take me a minute to ruin every happiness of your life. And trust me I won't need any help from Carl. Stop looking at my man like that. Did I make myself clear?"

She held her head low and whispered, "Yes ma'am."

"It was nice meeting you, Jessica. I'm looking forward to many more meetings."

When I turned to look at Carl, he was smirking like a maniac. "Wipe that smirk off your face, Mr. Valentino."

"I understood what you did there."

"Good. I want you to understand this thing very clearly. Just because I'm not torturing people nowadays, doesn't mean that I have forgotten how to torture. Any woman eyes you and they can start counting their days."

He chuckled, "I like this side of you. It's cute. And just to let you know I only have eye for one woman. She's my world. She's my home. She taught me how to love. And soon she'll be gifting me two cute angels to complete my life."

And then again the tears rolled. Stupid hormones. He wiped it off with the pad of his thumb and then he kissed my forehead. Just then Floria came running towards us. She pulled me into a tight hug.

"How are you, darling?"

"I'm fine. How are you?"

"Now that all my children are healthy and safe, I'm fine too."

"Don't worry about us much. We'll be safe."

"I hope so, love." And then she kissed my cheek. She hugged and kissed Carl's cheeks. The party was in full swing. Everyone greeted and congratulated us for coming back safe.

Rico came up to us with champagne in his hands. He offered me but I refused. For obvious reasons.

"How are you, son?"