Carlos

I don't know why did I even agree to board the same plane with them. We are running late by half an hour. I should have gone straight to the airport instead of picking them up. I like to be on time but I guess my brother doesn't like the idea of punctuality. After waiting so much finally they climbed in the car. I didn't miss a chance to scold him the whole ride and Alisa was finding it very funny. But now that he's getting married, he has to be more responsible.

Somehow we reached the airport without slapping him. When we went through the entrance, Alisa dragged Val and ran towards a girl. When they finished hugging I saw her. I have never seen a girl more beautiful. She looks stunning. Dark long hair, with intoxicating eyes. She's not wearing a dress or any heavy makeup but still, she's looking like the most beautiful girl in this whole world. She's wearing a black baggyfit co-ord. I was dumbstruck by her charm. And let's not skip the fact that she's so fucking hot. I never thought a girl could pull of a casual look in such a sexy manner. Before I could do something which I regret I took my eyes off her.

Alisa introduced us. I can say by the look on her face that she knows who I am. There's hardly anyone in Italy who doesn't know me. She shook my hand with a smile on her face and my length hardened against my pants. I understood that she felt something too since she snatched away her hand.

She started to rush to the plane and without thinking twice I spoke my mind. But she didn't hesitate to put me in my place. If this continues I will not be able to keep my hands off of her for too long. Her composure is screaming confidence but there's a pain in her eyes. I would love to know the reason behind her pain but the way I behaved with her, I don't think I'll ever know the reason.

Somehow Alisa stopped us and we boarded the plane. I chose the most isolated place on the flight so that I don't have to see her face. I was talking to Luca about the leads on Black Rose and some of our deals. We are trying to track her down for the past week but no luck. Every time we think we hacked their systems, its a dead end. But I think I have to try harder to find her. She's the finest assassin I know, of course, after my mother. The Mexicans are double-crossing us for the past month and I want to take down their whole empire. For that, Diego Espina, the head of the Mexican mafia, needs to go down. And I think Black Rose is the best fit for that.

Almost two hours later I saw Alisa and Val go off to the cabin and I understood the purpose. They are so desperate to make me an uncle. I saw that Ms. Smith was reading a book, maybe and novel, and exactly after forty- five minutes she drifted off to sleep. I was trying not to gawk at her while she was sleeping but I couldn't control it anymore. I sat across her and saw her sleep peacefully. She sleeps like a baby.

She caught me staring at her when she woke up. And again the feisty Ms. Smith was back. Without thinking much I apologized to her. She looked confused. I explained why I apologized and I guess we started again on good terms. I was shocked by the question about family. Usually, I don't trust people this fast but this time it felt right. And somehow she read my mind.

"Don't you think you trust people quite easily?"

"No, I don't Rose but something about you just feels right and you are family."

"But even if something feels right you should not trust people. And whatever you say I'm not family. But it feels good that you do trust me to call your family."

"I'm honored. It feels like you know how this world works?"

"Look, the mafia is not child's play. Everyone knows how it works. And they should know otherwise they would not fear you, which is not good."

"You know too much but you don't seem bothered about it."

"Why should I be? Italian Mafia is not my enemy. And its not like I'm the one who is getting married."

She smiled after saying that. I've never seen anyone like her. Like many girls throw themselves at my feet but she's different. She needs to be taken care of and given all the love in this world. I never thought I'll be crushing on an economics professor and it's not like I know her for ages. God, where have I left my sanity? But sometimes a little bit of insanity is acceptable.

"What were you reading by the way?"

"The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. Quite a motivating one."

"I've read that one. Never thought you were a philosophical type."

"Carlos Valentino, it's been only three hours since we have met. You'll get time to know what my type is. And you read books?"

She smirked. She fucking smirked. I never thought I had so much patience and control over myself because if the situation would have been different god knows what I'd have done.

"Hello, where are you lost? Mesmerized by my charm?"

I realized that I was not breathing. After taking a long breath I answered.

"You can say that and yes, I do read. Sometimes I need to run away from all this chaos. And are you telling me that we'll be spending time with each other during this whole week?"

"Okay, now you are flirting."

"And I can see it's working?"

I saw her cheeks turned red like tomatoes and little does she know how cute she looks. Right now I'm not acting like a mafia boss. I'm like a lost puppy. Lost in her beauty, lost in her voice, lost in her eyes. I know I don't have a chance with her because maybe after this week we'll not meet each other for a long time. Even if we meet, it'll be family occassions and she's not the hook up type. She's pure and I don't want to take her purity. But that doesn't I'm losing any chance to spend some time with her this week.

When our conversation went deeper, the two love birds came out of there hibernation and I know what they are going to say next.

"So you guys mend up? I knew it."

"Shut up, Lisa."

"You can shut me up but you can't deny that both of you are attracted to each other. That's why the moment we left you cracked a conversation."

"No, I can't shut you up. Val can do that on my behalf and its been two and a half hours since I saw your faces. This is not a quickie, this is fucking baby-making. Though I don't have a problem if you want to make me an aunt soon."

"What did I tell you about filter yesterday?"

"And what did I tell you about the love for my unfiltered mouth?"

I just could't control my laughter and she joined me. That girl sure knows how to answer back. I like that. I think I should jump right now or else I have to witness a murder instead of a wedding.

"Okay girls stop. Enough now. I do agree with the baby-making part though."

"Not you too, Carl."

"What? You just can't term this as a quickie."

"Okay fine. I'll keep my mouth shut."

"Val, take control over the situation." She just can't keep her words in her mind.

We again burst into laughter. I don't know what is waiting for us this week but one thing is for sure that something dangerous will happen. Dangerous enough to take wrong decisions but that'll be seen with the passing time..