Epilogue 1

My phone buzzed when I was at the dock for an important shipment. Rocco's name flashed on it.

I picked it up in urgency, "Hello. What happened?"

"Boss, come to the hospital fast. Rose went into labour." I could hear her screams. My heart about to shred into pieces listening to her screams. "And I might lose my hand today."

"Rocco, I'll slap you once I'm out of pain. Give me your fucking hand.", Rose threatened him.

"Rocco, don't you dare take your hand away from her or else I'll put a fucking bullet in your skull. Put the phone closer to her."

"Yes boss."

"Baby, take deep breaths."

"Carl, where are you? Please come fast. I can't take it anymore.", she sobbed.

"I'm almost there baby. Just hold on a bit.", I jumped into my car and drove it as fast as possible.

"Rocco tell Dr. Bianchi to give her something for the pain. I'll blow up the hospital if something happens to her."

"Yes boss." And within five minutes I parked at the hospital parking lot.

"Where is she?"

"I'm coming to take you boss."

I ran through the hospital and went straight to the maternity ward as I figured out she'll be taken there. And also five months ago we found out the gender in this ward too. I was right the whole time. We were going to have daughters and today we meet them.

"This way boss." And then I saw my wife sobbing and screaming for her life.

"Rose, baby, I'm here. Take my hand. Crush it if you want but baby I know you are strong."

She was crying, "Carl, I can't do this. It's scary."

"No, baby, you can do this. Think about the nursery we made for our daughters. Think about the plans we made for them. Think about holding them in your arms."

Dr. Bianchi said, "Rose, push when you are ready. Take deep breaths and push."

"Baby, you can do it."

And she pushed. She screamed. She sobbed. She cried. She cursed at me but she pushed with her dear life. God, I can't see my wife like this.

"Rose, push a little bit more." And she pushed and my first princess was out crying and looking at this world for the first time.

"Take few more breaths and push again." Rose was already a mess by the time she could push for our second child. But she gathered up all her strength and pushed. My second princess was also there.

"Is she ok?"

"Yes, your daughters are very healthy."

"First tell me about my wife.", I almost shouted

"She's fine. Her vitals are good. She needs to take rest and she'll be fine."

The nurses cleaned my babies and put them in my arms. They were perfect. My little bundles of joy. Both of them got the nose and eyes from their mother.

"Show me.", Rose said in her slurried voice.

I leaned to show them to her. Her face covered with warmth after seeing our babies.

"They are perfect, Carl."

"Yes, they are. Aurora Dino Valentino and Andrea Matteo Valentino.

Rose snapped her head to look up at me. I understood her and answered, "Both are your fathers. You never met Dino but I know he would have been a loving father to you and Matteo did protect you with everything. Though he's Juan now but he'll still be Matteo to all of us."

"I love you so much, Carl. And I love you too my princesses." She kissed our daughters' forehead. My family. My amazing wife and beautiful daughters.

************************************

One Month Later....

Aurora and Andrea were sleeping with us. They stay in their nursery the whole day but during night we decided to keep them as close as possible.

We were sleeping and Aurora started to cry. This has been a routine for us. I don't remember when was the last time we slept properly.

"You stay I'll go."

"Thank you."

"Now stop saying that."

I went up to my crying daughter and picked her up slowly. "Hey, little angel. Are you hungry? Don't cry. Your sister will wake up. See, papa is here."

"Give her to me. She's hungry."

I gave her to Rose and she stopped crying once the nipple was in her mouth. I'm telling you they are always hungry. And then just like a disciple of her sister, Andrea also started crying.

"Are you hungry, too? Mama is already engaged with your sister."

And again Rose said, "Give her to me."

"But you are already feeding, Aurora."

"Give her."

And she started feeding Andrea. I have huge respect for this woman and all the women who go through this whole pregnancy and post pregnancy period. They are the strongest.

Once they were done feeding I first took up Aurora and rubbed her back and then a cute little burp came along and then I did the same with Andrea.

"How do you do that?"

"It's easy. Rub. Pat. Rub. Pat." And then I put them in their crib. They slept peacefully.

I climbed beside Rose and wrapped her in my arms. Slowly my hands drifted on to her ass.

"Go back to sleep."

Instead I did what I wanted to do. I pulled her pants down and slowly pushed inside her. She gasped and hid her face in the pillow to control scream.

"Shhh.... You don't want our babies to wake up."

And after pounding a lot more she came and her whole body shuddered under me. I came just after that.

"When they will be three years I want to get pregnant again."

"No. Not happening. No more pregnancies. Rose, I saw you in the hospital. You were screaming and sobbing. You were in so much pain and I can't see you like that."

"Carl, that was a short part of a beautiful journey. After looking at our angels everything was worth it. I want to get pregnant and that's final."

"Okay we'll see. Let them grow up a little first."

"Yes." And she fell asleep instantly. I don't know even after all the pain how does she get the strength to get pregnant again. But if she wants, then we'll try. I still can't believe I got such a loving and beautiful family. And I'll turn hell and heaven to keep them safe and happy.