Chapter 6

"So, tomorrow you should reach the airport on time."

"Yes, ma'am"

"Why do you sound so uninterested?"

"It's not that. I'll be away from university for so long, so, I'm giving some assignments. I don't want my students to lag behind just because I'm taking a leave."

"How generous of you, Professor Smith. I don't know how you put up with them?"

"It's not how I put up. It's about how fun and interactive I can make my lectures. I teach a subject that needs to be compared with reality and I don't believe in only giving them bookish knowledge. They find my classes interesting and in return, I find them tolerable."

"Okay. Then tomorrow we are meeting. I just can't believe that we are flying off to Bali for my wedding."

"You have told the same things ten times for the past half an hour. If you still can't believe then should I send someone to slap you? That person can make you believe everything."

Suddenly the voice over the phone changed. A husky, male voice. I understood it's Valerian. Usually, he doesn't jump into our conversation but maybe this time he have some plan.

"Watch what you're saying, Rosy?"

"Hello to you too, Val. I heard your voice after ages."

"Don't talk about slapping my fiancee."

"Hey, stop right there. She can be your fiancee but before that, she's my best friend. So, I can say whatever I feel like and for that I'm not ready to listen to any of your blabbering."

A small pause. I can feel that Alisa has become tense. She's trying to calm us down but then we burst into laughter. This is what our relationship is. I met Val through Alisa but after that, we became very good friends. 

"Baby, you seriously thought that we'll be fighting over such a silly thing? She's my friend too."

"Oh Gosh, I just missed Alisa's tensed face. I just can't control my laughter."

"You should have seen her face. She became so pale."

"Stop. Just stop. You two are so mean."

"Val, please make it up to her after I hang-up because I don't want a cranky Alisa tomorrow."

"Yes, boss. I'll be on it."

Again a burst of laughter. I know Alisa is pissed but these are the little moments that you'll remember when you look back at your life.

"Okay, bye guys. I'll reach the airport. We'll meet tomorrow."

"You know my brother is coming right."

"I know. Why are you sounding like that's the worst thing ever?"

"He has some really bad attitude which can piss you off but he has a good heart."

"Why are you telling me? Its not that I'm the one who is getting married to your brother. Its just one week then again we'll be on our paths."

"But we still ship you."

And my chirpy little thing is back. She really loves to piss me off with her shipping thing. She shipped me with every handsome guy possible since high school. Maybe that's a fun game to her.

"Okay, my shippers, get back to your work and let me finish giving my assignments. And Val tomorrow I want a walking best friend, not a crawling one. Last time we had to cancel a whole day out because of you. Careful there."

"Oh God, Rosy please put some filter on your mouth."

"No, not happening. I'm happy with my unfiltered mouth. Bye."