Rose

We reached the restaurant at seven. Though I was not ready to come, but I pushed myself for Luca. After all, the main topic for today is their relationship. I hope so. When we entered the restaurant I saw both Malena and Luca were present there. He told me he'll be here and that somehow relieved my tension. Carl greeted them and then we ordered our food. Finally, Malena broke the silence.

"How are you doing, Rose?"

"As good as I can do. I don't think we need to do this small talk. Tell me why are we here?"

"Yes. So, Luca told me about your plan. You told him to approach me and thank you for that."

"Don't make that sound like that. He was dumbstruck by you. He just needed a little push to approach you. He has been a manwhore his whole life, so, you can figure it out well why he needed the push."

Luca's eyes flickered to me as if I'm committing a sin. If speaking truth is sin then I'd happily commit it.

Malena gave an awkward smile and said,"I know. But I still want to thank you. I always worried that my father will marry me off to a bastard like him but thank god I found someone like him."

Luca wrapped his hands around her waist and kissed her temple. Carl chuckled and shook his head. He said, "I had faith in my friend. Finally, he'll stop being a douche."

"I was never a douche. If you are talking about yourself then I do agree. I was always very charming. Ask your girlfriend, she was very happy to see me. We became friends the moment we saw each other."

"I do agree to that. But I hope your charm stops working on anyone else from now on. If you do that your sister will single-handedly chop off your dick and feed it to the dogs and you can kiss your future kids goodbye. Don't you dare hurt, Malena.", I said.

"You can be assured about that."

"Good."

Carl said, "This means that we can go on with the alliance but only if Rose wants. If she opposes then there will be no alliance. No trade. I'll cut ties with the Mexicans. You guys can go on with your relationship because it's technically not a deal. So, that'll not be a problem. Everything depends on her."

"Carl, the alliance is on. Talk with Marco and see what he says. I'm sure he'll agree with this union but if he oppose, then we know how to make him agree."

"Then it's done. I'll talk to him in person tomorrow and then we can prepare for your wedding."

Luca smiled and Malena's cheeks turned red. "By the way did you propose her?"

"No but I will."

"Men. For fuck's sake, Luca, what are you waiting for? My horns?"

"No it's not like that. And you already have invisible horns. You are fucking Satan reincarnated."

I smacked his biceps. "Fine let's talk with the Espinas fist and then I hope you can officially propose her."

"Yes."

Both of them were really happy. It was good to see them blooming with happiness. Carl was smiling widely looking at his friends finally getting his happily ever after. I was also happy but there was this little sadness that I can't subside even if I want to. I guess I just have to give it some time.

We were chatting about random things over food. Carl was sharing some of the embarrassing incidents about Luca when they were kids. Luca didn't back off, he also shared some incidents about Carl. It was so cute to hear about Carl as a child. Finally, it was time to say our goodbye.

"So, I guess that's all."

Just then Malena held my hand. I could tell from the look in her eyes that she wanted to talk about Mrs. Espina.