Chapter 5

When everyone were engrossed in their food I got a call from Uncle Matt. Usually, he doesn't call me when I already inform him my whereabouts but maybe something is wrong. I excused myself and went to the washroom to answer the call.

"Yes, uncle. Is everything alright?"

"Everything is alright but there's something that has happened."

"What?"

"From the past two days, an unknown signal is trying to hack into our IP address. Initially, I thought that they'll stop after trying for two days but on the contrary, they are trying harder every time I'm blocking the IP address. Do you know anything about it? Like any client or something like that?"

"No. Even if there are clients, I'll not let them hack into my IP address. If I want them to contact me then I can use my burner phones. Do you know the source?"

"No, not yet. Every time it's a dead end but I'm trying to identify the source as soon as possible."

"Okay, you do that. I'll be home soon. Whoever is doing this either wants to blow up my facade or else they need me."

"Whatever it be, they cannot hack into our systems, I promise you that."

"I know that. You are the best hacker in our world. They'll need ages to hack into our system. You carry on with that and I'm coming."

"No, Rosy, don't bail on Alisi. Enjoy your day. I'll take care of this situation. You don't even go out and now when you are out you should not come back for such a silly thing. I informed you because I wanted to know whether you have anything to do with this. By the time you are home, I'll find the source."

I seriously can't believe his words. It made me laugh. 

"Uncle, if you think carefully this is not a silly thing. We have to take care of this as soon as possible. We are having lunch right now. After we finish everything I'll be back home. I'll not bail on your little Alisi. Do you want me to bring you your favorite pineapple pizza?"

"Is that even a question? But you don't like pineapples on your pizza."

"Uncle, there's this thing called half-n-half and I'll be full when I reach home. So, if I feel like having pizza I'll order half a pizza with your choice of toppings and half with my choice."

"Okay, fine then. Enjoy Rosy. Your old man will hang up."

Almost snapping at him, "Uncle, how many times I have to tell you that are not old."

I can feel his smile from the other side. "Okay, okay. Bye."

That's really a matter of concern. Its not like I don't have faith on Uncle Matt. I know by the time I reach home he'll already be sitting with the source but still it makes me think why would anyone be so desperate to enter into my network. I'll only be able to know when I get to know about the source.

When I reached our table everyone looked up at me with concern especially Alisa.

"Everything's alright?"

"Yes, everything is fantastic. Our uncle just wanted some pineapple pizza and we again went back to arguing about the choice of toppings? That's a never ending thing."

"Only if you could accept pineapple as the best topping on pizza, you don't have to continue this."

Before I could say anything I heard Silvana speak.

"Who eats pineapple on their pizza? That's the worst pizza topping idea ever."

My face lit up like a bulb after listening to it. I finally got someone who'll fight this battle with me and one by one everyone got divided between pineapple and other toppings. Though we were not agreeing to each other's thoughts but it felt like something. Maybe family. 

If someone ask me whether I like to hide my real identity from Alisa or not, then I'll say no I don't like it. But I have to hide it as long as possible so that she remains safe. If anybody get's to know that she's a friend of Black Rose then her list of enemies will increase day by day. I know that now that she's getting married to Valerian, her life risk will increase but I know their place is like a fortress and they have ample bodyguards to protect her. One of the many reasons why I'm happy that they are getting married. Maybe someday I'll reveal my real identity to her. I don't know what will be her reaction that day. I don't know whether she'll hate me or understand my situation but I know one thing for sure that I don't regret keeping it a secret.

We finished off our lunch with our never ending debate. I left the restaurant after greeting everyone. I reached home as soon as possible. Uncle opened the door as soon as I rang the bell

"Did you find any lead?"

"I told you I'll find the host and I did it. Have some faith in me Rosy."

"I do have faith in you, uncle. Now tell me who's the host?"

"Carlos Valentino. The head of the Italian Mafia and the king of the underworld."

I literally couldn't control my laughter. I found it extremely hilarious that Carlos Valentino is trying to track me. I can see from the confused look of my uncle that he was not expecting this reaction.

"He definitely needs help. I'll help him out but not right away. He has tried to enter into my territory, so, he has to play in my way. Let's have some fun Uncle Matt. It's not everyday that we get to play."

"And how you plan to do that?"

"I'll reveal everything but first let me meet him."

"Meet him? How? I mean where?"

"Next week we'll be flying to Bali for Alisa's wedding. Mr. Valentino will be on board with us. I know he's cold, ruthless and his torture techniques are amazing. I love all of the techniques but I have to analyse him personally. I don't know how much I'll be able to do it but I'll try my best. I'll let him think that he's the hunter of this game. Wrong perceptions often leads people to wrong path. I'll come in front of him when I'll think the time is right but till then let's become the sweet professor."

"You sneaky little thing. I'm proud of you. But don't you think you'll have to face consequences once they get to know about this?"

"Maybe but I'm not scared of anyone. Not even the head of the Italian Mafia. I love to play with fire, Uncle Matt."

"I know, I know. Okay, do as you wish. But if you face any problem please don't hesitate to inform me. I'm always there for you. Till then enjoy your prey, Rosy.". He smirked.

"I know. By the way, have your pizza before it gets cold. I have bought half-n-half. If you want some of my pizza you can have it otherwise keep it in the refrigerator I'll have it when I feel like."

"Okay"

"I'm going to get freshen up. If you find anymore leads please inform me."

"Yeah, I'm trying to find their motive to enter into our address. If I find something I'll inform you."

"Okay. Good."

Without wasting a second I dashed off to my bedroom. I turned on the hot shower and thought about what I was just informed. Why do you need me, Carlos Valentino? Is it just work or do you have any other motive. Right now you are my prey. I'll follow your every move and then I'll decide when to reveal everything. If I see you are planning anything against me, then I'm not promising you anything. That can be learned with the passing time. So, Alisa's wedding will not be as bad as I thought. Don't get me wrong I'm excited for her wedding but I'm not excited with people unnecessarily invading my privacy. But now that I got a mission, I really can't wait to meet everyone. This is going to be fun...

***********************************************************************************************

Hey, its your author here. I'm sorry, you guys have to wait a little bit more before Rose and Carl meet each other. Maybe tomorrow only you'll get to read that. Once they cross paths we will look into dual POVs. Till then shower all your love and support. Stay tuned because this is going to get darker....