Rose

Never thought I'll be giggling and chatting with the head of the Italian mafia. This side of his is hidden from the world and I can understand why. It can turn out to be his greatest weakness. I don't know what made him think that I can be trusted. Do I look that innocent? Whatever it may be, he's making my work easier.

After Carl settled our dispute, he went back to her work. Maybe trying harder to enter my IP address. It's hilarious because the person who he is searching for is sitting right in front of him. He could have tried contacting me in the ways others do but he's trying his method on me. He needs to know with whom he's trying to play.

At last after a long flight we reached Bali. We headed to a secluded beach away from the city chaos. It's beautiful, the ocean is shimmering under the moonlight. But even the shimmering beauty was not able to take our jet lag away. Lisa said we would stay at the Valentino residence for her wedding. Of course, we will be.

"Lisa, this is not a residence, this is a fucking mansion. You sure I can enter this palace?"

Before Alisa could say anything, Carl interrupted with his contagious smile.

"Yes, you can Rose. It's not a big deal. Come, let's go inside."

"Yeah, it's not a big deal for you Carl but it is for me just like the private jet."

Carl left a sigh and I understood that this time I did hit a nerve.

"Rose, I already apologized to you for that and you accepted it."

"I know. Sorry to bring things back. Now can we get our rooms because the jet lag is kicking in? I cannot stand it anymore. Either show the rooms or I'll sleep at the threshold."

"Okay, come."

After getting to know about our rooms, I rushed there. Alisa and I will share the room and Carl and Val will share. Of course, both Val and Alisa were sulking. I went straight to take a shower and changed into my pajamas. We ordered some takeaway and went straight to bed.

Around four in the morning, I woke up. I'm not at all a morning person but maybe jet lag is working differently. I saw Alisa sleeping soundly beside me. I'm shocked that she didn't try to sneak out or maybe she did when I was sleeping. I left our room and went straight to the common balcony.

The cool breeze and the briny smell of the ocean calmed my nerves. Just when I was trying to take in the ocean presence, I smelled a familiar cologne. Carl was standing right behind me. I turned to face him and leaned on the balustrade. Topless with joggers hanging from his pelvis. I also noticed some amazing tattoos that runs straight from his right hand till his waist which is adding charm to his greek god of a body.

"Holy mother of God"

I saw him smiling while he stood beside me and I realized that I've spoken my mind. Lisa is right, I really do need a filter.

"Did I say that out loud?"

"Yes, you did and I liked it."

"Sorry but I didn't had any intension to give you an ego boost."

"That I can say from your reaction. Why are you standing here at this time?"

"Can't sleep. What about you?"

"Same reason."

"Is it the jet lag or something is bothering you?"

"Both jet lag and work."

"Its hard right. Taking so much responsibility at such a young age?"

"Yes, it is but can't do anything. Even if I don't want to I have to step up. That's how it works. But my family was really kind, not to force all of these on me at an early age. I started my training at an early age but they also let me live a life the way I wanted."

"When did you step up?"

"At my eighteenth birthday, my father announced me as the new head of the mafia. Its been nine years since then."

"Still you were a teenager at that time. But I must say you handled the mafia quite responsibly."

"And how do you know about that?"

"The changes could be seen through bare eyes, Carl. Women are safer under your mafia rule than they could ever be under our corrupted government. Children are able to enjoy their childhood instead of getting involved in any kind of racket. I know your father also made his mark but you are something else. It can be seen that you work your ass off."

"Wow. Never thought someone would appreciate my work. But you do know right that I kill people for living?"

"Gosh, Carl, I already told you that I know how this works. Everytime crimes cannot be settles throught legal way, you need illegal ways. Yes, people do fear you but they know how much of an impact you have on their lives."

He just stared at me with a smile. This silence is calming. His face is calming. I don't know what he's thinking but I know whatever I said, I said it from my heart. Its not for any personal motive.

"What?"

"Nothing. Just thinking how can you be so understanding. You are not from this dark world yet you are that little ray of light that can give us the glimpse of the right path."

"That's very poetic of you."

This continued till we were mesmerized by the ocean sunrise. Its beautiful just like the moment we are sharing. Whatever I'm feeling right now is not something I was expecting to feel. Its dangerous I know but I cannot deny the feeling. I also cannot deny the fact that I feel really happy with his presence. Its just has been one day and he's already having so much effect on me. I don't know what will happen this whole week. How will I handle myself. Its my game and I should play it without letting anything get into my head but somehow his presence is not letting me play my game. Everything with him is so damn real. The conversations, the moments everything is real. And I do want this moments to last as long as possible...