1. My Crew

Ashlyn POV:
The Outer Banks. Paradise on earth as we call it. I'm Ashlyn Routledge, John Booker Routledge's twin sister. Our friends call him John B but I just call him JB. Our goal is to have fun all the time.

Let's start with my friends. Kiara. She's a natural Kook but she hangs out with us. It's nice having a girl around and not having to deal with boys all day. We just call her Kie.

Speaking of boys, Pope is a guy in the crew. He's probably one of the smartest guys I know. Well, he is the smartest guy I know. I've known him and his Dad for a long time. Hayward is his dad. He can get you anything on the island.

Finally, JJ. I've known him since the 3rd grade. I met him through JB. He's the funniest guy that I know and he's crazy. I've had this huge crush on him for as long as I've known him. JB knows but he knows that I'm not a baby and that I can handle myself, so he's not concerned.

JB and I have been super close ever since we were born. We always do everything together, no matter the risk. Ever since our father disappeared about a year ago, we've been closer than ever. I miss my dad. I know he's still out there and so does John B. He disappeared at sea but I still have hope. My mom left when I was 3. I have no idea where she is.

I wake up on the couch by my brother. I see him get up.

"Hey sorry to wake you." He says.

"No it's fine." I say. I get up and walk to my room to grab my outfit for the day.

I put on a black and blue bikini but I wear some short jean shorts and a blue crop top over it.

I don't bother wearing shoes. I never wear shoes because I'm always on the beach, in the boat, or being thrown into a body of water.

I walk out of my room and I brush my hair and my teeth. Then I walk outside and hop on the boat.

"Hello princess." JJ says as he helps me into the boat.

"Hello prince." I say in the same tone. We both laugh. JJ always calls me princess and he's naturally flirty and well, so am I.

Kie gets on the boat next. "I grabbed some beers for us out of the fridge." She says. She puts the cooler on the ground and we all wait for JB.

A few minutes later, we see JB walking out of the house.

"It's about time!" JJ says. He grabs a beer out of the cooler. "You want one Ash?" JJ asks me.

"Hell yeah." I say. Oh I forgot to mention, my friends call me Ash. JB usually does too. Sometimes he calls me Ashie. It's what he called me when we were younger.

I sit on the side of the boat and drink my beer. JJ comes and sits next to me.

"Why hello there sir." I say.

"Why hello there ma'am." He says.

"How are you today?" I ask him.

"I'm good. What about you?" He asks.

"I'm good. A little nervous about the DCS coming tomorrow though." I say. "I don't want to leave."

JJ put his arm around my shoulders. "If you do end up leaving, I'm following you all the way to your new home." JJ says. He smiles a little. So do I.

A little bit later, we head back to my house and we hang out. John B goes to work but then comes home early,

"Hey JB. What are you doing home so early?" I ask.

"Hurricane Agatha." He says. "Want to go surf the surge?"

"Hell yeah." I say. I grab my board and run out with JB.