40. Yelling

A few hours later, Kie walks in and wakes us up,  "Hey guys, JB's trail is in an hour." She says.

"Thanks Kie." JJ says. He gets up off the couch and then helps me up. "You dizzy at all?" He asks.

"No." I say. "I'm gonna get changed real quick and then we can start heading to JB's trial." JJ nods and I walk back to my room. I put on some jean shorts and then I grab one of JB's large t-shirts.

I walk out to the car and I sit in the back with JJ. Pope is sitting in the front with Kie. JJ holds my hand to comfort me and I hold his hand to comfort him. We get to the courthouse and sit down in the front. A few minutes later, JB walks out and stands. He looks at me with worry and I look at him with nervousness.

The court lady walks in. "John Booker Routledge, pursuant to the North Carolina statute section 14, you are charged with murder in the first degree." The lady says. JJ holds my hand as we sit next to each other. "If convicted, the maximum sentence would be the death penalty."

I start breathing faster as everyone around me talks. "N-no." I say to myself. John B looks back at me with a panicked look and I give him one back.

"Your honor, he's 17!" JJ yells. I stand up.

"He's fucking innocent!" I yell.

"John B, we're gonna figure it out." JJ says. He grabs my hand and tries to drag me out of the court room.

"I love you JB!" I yell. "It's gonna be alright! I promise!" I say. I get out of JJ's grip and I start running towards him but a police officer stops me and grabs onto my arm. "Let me go!!" I yell. "He's my twin!!!!" Then JB gives me one last glance before he's taken out. I try to fight against the guard but I feel someone's arms wrap around my waist to pull me out. I know they're JJ's arms right away. "JJ! Put me down!" I say, tears filling my eyes.

"Ash, we gotta get outta here." JJ says. He carries me over his shoulder to take me out and then make sets me down. He tries to look me in my eyes. "Hey, princess, look at me." JJ says. I slowly look at his beautiful sky blue eyes. "We're gonna get him out of this."

"Is this a joke? Like, are we in hell?" Kiara asks.

"We should've never come home. They're gonna kill him." Sarah says. JJ glares at her.

"Sarah, not helping." JJ says.

Some guy is talking to Ward. He's talking about how sorry he about what Ward's family has gone through.

"Can you please just shut the fuck up?" I ask. "The system was made to protect dirty ass Kooks like you." I say. "Lying scumbags." I say.

"His fate will be decided in court." The man says, probably Wards lawyer. JJ turns around and bites his lip while he looks at Ward. Super hot action by JJ if you ask me.

"He shouldn't even be in court!" I yell. "You should. Because you're a murderer!!" I yell.

"You have a lot of nerve showing up to court." Kie says.

"I know you guys are upset-" Ward says, but then gets cut off.

"Upset!?" I ask. "I'll how you what upset looks like." I say. I start charging towards Ward but Shoupe and Thomas grab me and pull me back.

"Hey! Get your hands off of her!" JJ yells. He grabs me and pulls me away from the cops.

"Thomas! Fuck you!" I scream. "You had no right to knock my brother out or start hitting him at all!" I yell. "You knocked me out too! I don't even understand how you're still a cop!" I yell.

"Do you want to get arrested too Miss Routledge?" Shoupe asks. "Get out of here." He says.

"This is bullshit." Kie says. "It's not a coincidence that your daughter is sitting with us, Ward." We all walk away.

The car ride home is silent. When we get back to the Chateau, I walk to my room and slam the door. I lock it and jump onto my bed and start screaming into my pillow. I cry into my pillow and into one of JB's shirts. It still smells like him. I just got my twin back, and I feel like I've lost him again.