67. Bye

We all sit in the boat. I'm sitting down against the wall next to JJ and Sarah while Cleo, Pope, and Kie sit on the opposite wall, facing us. I'm about to tell the story of what happened.

"So, from the beginning." I say. "I was put in a truck and driven to this huge mansion place." I say.

"Yeah we went there to try and help you escape but we almost got ripped apart by dogs." JJ says.

"Yeah, then a guard took me up to this room and had me get ready to see someone at 7:00." I say. "I had to put on a dress but I also got a shower. It felt soooo good." I say.

"Lucky." Sarah says.

"Yeah, not really." I say. "I had to go down to see this guy so I walked down there and I saw someone with this ugly ass buzzcut but he's facing the other direction. He turns around and it's Rafe fucking Cameron." I say. JJ looks at me, worried. "So I'm fucking freaked out at this point. Then I start telling him how I knew he and Ward were behind this shit but then I hear some Indian man voice." I say. I clear my throat and make an Indian accent. "I knew this reunion would cause sparks." I say.

Sarah starts dying laughing. "I'm sorry, just, the accent." She says. I smile and laugh.

"So this guy is Carlos Singh and he wants Denmark Tanny's diary." I say, I bring out my accent, "For the ultimate quest." I say. "El Dorado, the city of gold." I say.

"Wait, so there's more?" Pope asks.

"Millions of it." I say. I tell them the rest of the story but I leave out the conversations with Rafe. I just say that he said sorry and stuff. I'll tell JJ and JB later. Not everyone needs to know my struggles. Right?

JJ and I sit on the top of the boat together and wait for JB to get back.

"Anything else happen?" JJ asks. "I feel like you weren't telling the whole story." He says, putting his hands on my waist.

"Yeah." I say. "I just thought I would only tell you and JB." I say.

"Do you want to tell me now?" JJ asks. "Or do you wanna make out and just tell me later?" He asks, smirking.

I smirk. "Option 2." I say. I start kissing him and I tangle my hands in his hair while he holds my hips. We kiss deeply on the boat and JJ has me pinned up against the wall as he kisses me harder. Then we head Sarah yell.

"Guys! They found us!" She yells. She runs up to us and sees me pinned against a wall. JJ and I awkwardly look at her and she rolls her eyes. "We gotta go."

"We need JB." I say. "I'm not leaving without my brother." I say.

Sarah shakes her head. "I don't want to leave without him either but we have to leave him. He'll find his way back to Obx." She says.

I run down to the bottom of the boat, about to get off but then I see guards coming at me from every direction. Fuck. Then the boat starts moving and I go to jump onto the dock and off the boat but someone grabs my t-shirt and pulls me onto the boat.

"Ash, we gotta leave him." JJ says.

"No!" I yell. I go to jump off of the boat again but JJ grabs my wrist and pulls me back towards him.

"Princess-" He gets cut off by gunshots and he tackles me to the ground. I groan in pain. "Shit, I'm sorry." He says. More gunshots are heard and he covers my body with his as I shake in fear. Tears fall down my face as we get out of range of the guns.

"J-JB." I say. JJ looks at me and hugs me on the ground.

"He'll be in the Obx when we get back." JJ says. "You can't kill a Pogue." He says. He helps me up as I hug him. He hugs me back and rocks us back and forth.

"I love you, JJ." I say.

"I love you too, Ashlyn." He says.

"I love you more." I say. I laugh a little and he does too.

We both up to the top of the boat and I start driving to give Sarah a break. JJ is up with me and watching me drive. Then the phone in his pocket rings and he answers it.

"John B?" He asks. He puts it on speaker phone. JB keeps breaking up.

"I'll meet you in the Outer Banks." He says, breaking up. Then he tries to say something else but the service goes out. A little bit of reassurance hits me.

"See? I told you." JJ says. I smile at him and kiss him.

"Yeah, you did." I say.