51. Island

Ash's POV:

I wake up in the morning and hear moaning in JJ's room. He also has a room in the Chateau because of his house conditions.

I walks out of my room and I peek in the door of JJ's room. The door is cracked open. I see a naked, blond, skinny, girl going up and down and moaning. She's riding JJ's dick.

A tear falls down my face and I get dressed and head out to the back porch. I lay out there and stare at the ceiling. Then JB walks out.

"Hey Ash." He says.

"Hey." I say.

"So you saw?" JB asks. "JJ?"

I nod. We just sit there in silence. Then the others arrive and we are all on the porch. JJ kicked the girl out.

I'm sitting on the couch and watch JJ. I want him back but he broke my heart. He doesn't love me. He was already fucking another girl. A girl hotter than me.

Then Sarah walks in. "Oh hey Sarah." I say.

"Shouldn't you be on figure eight with your little group of polo players?" John B asks. I throw an empty beer can at him. "Or did you break up with Topper?" I throw another one at him.

"We're just friends." Sarah says.

"You have a lot of friends, Sarah Cameron." JB says. I roll my eyes.

"Sorry about him Sarah, he's being a jerk because Topper almost beat his ass again." I say. JB gives me the middle finger.

"I'm here for Pope, actually." Sarah says. "I think I found the island room." Everyone gets interested immediately. Denmark Tanny said something about the island room leading to the treasure.

We all get in the Twinkie and Pope is talking about Denmark Tanny and the Cross. I am sitting next to JJ in the back and it's been really awkward since I broke up with him.

"The cross holds the most holy relic of all Christendom." Pope says. "The garment of the savior."

"So there's something inside the cross?" Kie asks.

"Yeah. It says that the garment is capable of healing the sick from any malady." Pope says. I start laughing.

"So you're telling me that the old Limbrey woman is believing in some ancient old towel inside of a gold cross?" I laugh. "So then the old hag doesn't need crutches?" I hear JJ laugh a little and so does JB.

"I'm being serious." Pope says.

"If only I may touch his garment, I shall be made well." JJ says. He says it so seriously and I laugh but quickly stop. Everyone gives him a weird look. "What? I went to Sunday School." JJ says.

Everyone is quiet for the rest of the ride to Sarah's house. JJ and I share awkward glances.

"Can you two cut it out?" Kie asks. "Ashlyn and JJ."

"What are we doing?" I ask.

"Just because you guys broke up, doesn't mean that you can't be friends." Kie says. "You two would normally be doing something funny or stupid."

"I have many reasons to say that we can't be friends." I say. "He fucking cheated on me. You can't just forgive someone for that in a day!" I say. "He was fucking some random ass girl this morning too!! He doesn't give a fuck about me!" I yell.

"I said I was drunk and I didn't know what I was doing!" JJ says. "I was high as fuck this morning!"

"And whose fault is that?" I ask. "You still did it JJ. You still did it." I say. We pull up to the house, Tannyhill mansion, and we all get out. We go inside a room with ripped wallpaper and a map around the wall.

"Holy shit." John B says.

"The island room." Pope says.

"It's been here this whole time." Sarah says.

"This is a map of the whole entire island." I say.

"Yeah, this is Rixon's right here." JJ says. He looks out the window. "There's the lighthouse."

"Parcel 9 and the well." I say. "That's where that cranky old lady shot me!" I say. "Remember?"

"Of course I remember." JJ says. "One of the scariest moments of my life." What does he mean by that?

Does he actually still care? Does he love me? No. He probably meant that he was scared that he was gonna get shot. Nothing about me. He probably didn't give a fuck.

"Denmark's handwriting." JJ says. "These are all his drawings."

"He painted this entire room." Pope says.

"What's he trying to tell us?" Kie asks.

"What about the key?" I ask.

"How did you uncover this?" JB asks.

"I didn't. It was like this when I came here." Sarah says.

"Then who did it?" Kie asks.

"The freaks." Wheezie says, walking in. JJ jumps and yells. I start laughing but quickly stop. I can't be laughing at JJ's actions or jokes.

"What freaks?" I ask.

"Sick lady and her attack dog." Wheezie says. "They showed up last night and wanted to talk to Rafe."

"Pale blond lady?" JJ asks.

"Old hag with crutches?" I ask.

"Yep." Wheezie says. "They searched the whole house, looking for something. But then Rafe told me go upstairs so I listened through the grate." She says. "They got to this room and started ripping off the wall paper. Then they were talking about angels."

"The true treasure lies at the foot of the angel." Pope says. "Look for an angel." He says. We all look around the map. Everyone is talking.

"Guys!" JJ yells. "This humongus tree is on goat island." He says. "Angel Oak." He says. He looks at me, remembering when we fucked there.

"Let's go." I say. "We have to get there now." We all get in the Twinkie and start heading to Angel Oak. Where JJ and I fucked. This is about to get really awkward.