91. Fix

After they throw me in the reflection cabin, I start to panic. It's small and dark. On the wall, someone wrote, 'I feel so much better.'

I just want JJ. I sit on the ground and put my head in between my knees. It keeps replaying in my head.

"We're going to fix you."

But, I'm not broken. Am I? I thought I was just a normal teenage girl that likes to go in adventures with my family. But no, I'm a broken girl who needs to be fixed.

I start crying. I want JJ. But does JJ think that I'm broken? No. He wants to marry me. He loves me just the way that I am. I love him. Why didn't I just say it? I do? I love him and I want him more than anything else in this world.

Now I'm sitting in this cabin. Reflecting over my life choices. What are these people doing to me?

JJ POV:

After an encounter with Barracuda Mike, I keep going to the psycho camp. I need to save my Princess.

I pull up to the guards. "How are y'all doing?" I ask.

"Can I help you?" The man asks.

"Hey there, uh, sir, camp counselor Laura, I'm her brother. I need to drop off some packages here for her. If that's okay." I say. "Just in and out."

"Yeah, go ahead." The man says.

"Thank you so much, y'all have a nice day." I say. Then I drive into the camp. I park in the parking lot and get out of the Twinkie. I see a bunch of miserable looking chicks. I don't see my Princess.

I ask a guy where the main lodge is and I go walk inside. I open the door and see a woman behind a desk.

"How's it going ma'am?" I ask. I try to close the door but I gets stuck. Damn, this place is a shithole.

"Can I help you, son?" She asks.

"I have a message for one of your campers here." I say. "Her name is Ashlyn Routledge." I say.

"Sorry, we're not allowed to do that. You can't even be here on campus." The lady says.

"It's just really important." I say. "Can I sit?" I ask. The lady nods. "It's just a very important matter, ma'am." I say.

"I'm sure it is but we have a policy. No contact from the outside world for the first six weeks." She says.

"Ma'am, it's actually a family matter." I say. "I-I'm her cousin." I say. I start pulling out my fake tears. I'm a pro at it. "Th-there's something that happened recently- I-I'm sorry, I'm getting emotional." I say, cutting myself off. "I-I should go." I say. "Before I leave, could you just let her know that, uh, D-dolphie didn't make it." I say. I see a picture of a cat on the woman's desk. I sniffle.

"Who's Dolphie?" The lady asks.

"Dolphie was her best friend. A Siamese mix. It was really sudden." I say. "The mailman was coming at forty miles per hour." I say, fake tears falling down my face. "Ash named her dolphie because you know, Ashlyn, she loves dolphins. She's always dreamed of getting a dolphin with sunglasses tattooed on her forearm." I say.

It's true. Ash has told me countless times that she's wanted a dolphin with sunglasses tattoo. I always thought it would look pretty gnarly.

I leave and close the door. Then I start sneaking around the camp, looking for Ash. Then I see the lady that I just talked to. She goes and unlocks a cabin door. I see Ash walk out. I can see it from a while away, she's been crying. It's the walk that she has.

Ash POV:

I'm just laying on the bed of the little reflection cabin and I wipe my final tears. No one's coming for me. This place is a prison for psychos. Am I a psychopath? Because apparently I need to be fixed.

Then there's a knock on my cabin door. "Ashlyn, sweetie? Can you come out here?" A lady asks. I get up and walk outside to the lady. "I have some bad news for you." The lady says.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Your cousin was here a few minutes ago." The lady says. What? I don't have any cousins.

"What cousin?" I ask.

"Tall, blonde man. Around your age." The lady says. "He wanted me to tell you that Dolphie passed away."

"Dolphie? Like a dolphin?" I ask.

"Your Siamese mix." The lady says. Then I get it. JJ. He's here. I start fake crying.

"D-Dolphie? No. It can't be." I say. The lady hugs me and I hug her back. Then a huge smile sneaks up on my face. JJ is here. JJ is going to rescue me.