22. Dream

JJ and I start walking toward the house.

"You okay?" JJ asks. "I know you're stressed out about John B." He says.

"Yeah. I guess." I say. "He's just the only family that I have left." I say.

"Ash, that's not true. You, Kie, Pope, and John B are my family. We're all family." JJ says. He hugs me. "I understand what you're saying though." He says. "We will get your brother out of this mess." JJ says. Then Kie walks over.

"Let's do this shit." She says.

I set the grill on fire with pillows to keep the fire going while Kie knocks on Sarah's window. Then I go and hide behind a tree.

A few minutes later, we get back in the car and start driving. We see police cars everywhere when we drive.

"At least they're still looking." Kie says.

I fall asleep in the back seat.

—————————————————————————

"JB!!!" I scream. "NOOO!!"

Rafe Cameron is pointing a gun at JB. He's holding onto my wrist super tight so then I can't escape.

"Ash, run!" JB yells.

"I can't!!!" I yell. Then I hear a gun shot and see that JB has blood seeping through his shirt.

I see Rafe run away and drop the gun. I rush over to JB.

"Hey Ashie." JB says.

"JB!! We have to get you to a hospital!" I say.

"No. It's too late." He says. "It's all your fault." He says. Then blood comes out from his mouth.

"JOHN B NO!!" I scream. "PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!!" Then JJ walks over. "JJ! Help me!!" I yell.

"You really thought that I loved you?" He asks. He grabs the gun and shoots him self in the head. His body drops to the floor.

"JJ!! PLEASE!! I LOVE YOU!!" I scream. I feel someone shaking me awake.

"Ash! Wake up!" I hear JJ yell. I sit up straight and I'm in a cold sweat. I'm hyperventilating and I can't calm down. I look over and see JJ's concerned face.

"JJ." I say. I start crying.

JJ hugs me. I hug him back as he wraps his arms around me. "Shhhh. You're okay. Deep breaths baby." He says.

I take deep breaths with JJ and I don't break the hug. He doesn't either. "S-sorry." I say.

"Hey, don't be sorry." He says. He wipes my tears with his thumb and then he grabs my hand and I follow him to the door. We are in a building.

I lean onto his side. He rubs my back. "Thanks." I say.

"You're welcome." JJ says. "I still hear sirens. That's a good sign." He says.

"Yeah." I say. A few minutes later, Pope and Kiara wake up.

"We were in that car. They're probably looking for us too." Kie says.

"If we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B." Pope says.

"So find them before they do?" JJ asks.

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat." Pope says. He walks out. "Meet me at the dock at 3. Don't be late." He says. Then he opens the door and leaves.

Kie goes and follows him. JJ and I watch them. Pope revs the engine of the dirt bike up and then leaves while Kie tries to talk to him.

Then a helicopter flies over. "Who the hell is that?" I ask.