53. Tide

"How deep is it?" Kie asks. Water covers the whole entire road.

"Haha, that's what she said." I say, laughing.

"I dunno." JB says.

"Tide rose faster than I thought it would." JJ says. He is sitting next to me in the back. Pope and Sarah made us sit next to each other against our will. "How high are the spark plugs?" JJ asks.

"They're good. We're fine." JB says.

"How high are they?" JJ asks.

"Umm, just above the taillight." JB says, looking out his window.

"Three feet?" I ask.

"Yeah. Three feet." JJ says.

"It can't be three feet deep." Kie says.

JJ starts talking. "The water? Or Ash's ho-" I put my hand over JJ's mouth.

"Finish that sentence, and you won't be able to fuck any blondie bitches ever again." I say. JJ shuts up as I take my hand off of his mouth.

"What's the problem?" JB asks.

"No problem. We're good. The Twinkie can make it." JJ says.

"Hold onto something." JB says. "3,2,1." He says. He starts driving. We are all shouting and I can see the water splash.

"Speed is your friend! Speed is your friend, John B!!" JJ says. Then we take an unexpected turn and the Twinkie takes a sharp right.

I fall onto the ground and JJ falls too. I feel something on my butt so I turn and look and see JJ's face down on my butt.

"JJ, get your cheating face off of my ass." I say. I shove him off.

"I think we miscalculated." Pope says.

"Shit!" JB says. "Is everyone okay?" He asks.

"I knew I should've driven." JJ says.

"JJ, shut the fuck up. Like you could've done any better." I say.

"I could've, Ash!" JJ says. "We would be on solid ground right now and be with the cross!"

"Guys! Shut up!" Pope says. "Maybe we can walk." Pope says.

"We aren't leaving the Twinkie." I say.

"The tide's coming in. We're not leaving her." John B says.

"What are we supposed to do?" Sarah asks.

"Not stay here." JJ says.

"Well no shit, Sherlock." I say. JJ rolls his eyes.

"I can take my dad's truck, grab the cables from the Chateau and we can tow the Twinkie outta here." Kie says.

"Great idea." I say.

"I'll go with Kie." JJ says. He and Kie start walking. I get a little jealous.

No, we broke up. I can't be jealous. He cheated on me and he doesn't care. But do I still care? I don't know. I love him. I always will. But he'll never love me.

JJ POV:

I decided to go with Kie because I need to ask her a question. I hope Ash doesn't get the wrong idea.

We start walking. "Why'd you come with, JJ?" Kie asks.

"I need to ask you a question." I say.

"What's your question?" She asks.

"How do I tell Ash that I love her?" JJ asks.

Kiara's eyes go wide. "I knew it! I knew you loved her!" She says, with a huge smile. "Wait, why'd you cheat on her then?" She asks.

"I-I just super drunk and I didn't know what I was doing." JJ says. "This morning I just wanted to forget so I fucked some random girl to try and relieve the pain. It didn't help. It just made things worse."

"Yeah, it really did." Kie says. "But you should tell her tonight." Kie says. "We will have the cross and we'll partying and shit so it'll be perfect."

"Thanks Kie. That's a great idea." I say.

Ash's POV:

I sit on the top of the Twinkie next to JB. "So, how's the whole JJ thing going?" JB asks.

"It sucks John B." I say. "He cheated on me and he doesn't love me."

"He loves you, Ash." JB says.

"Then why doesn't he just say it?" I ask. "Seriously, he's told me once when he was drunk."

"Drunk words are sober thoughts, Ash." JB says.

"Well he's always drunk." I say. "But I love him and I keep denying it." I say. "That's why I argue with him."

JB puts his hand on my back. "Hey, tonight you should tell him how you feel." JB says. "Please."

I think about it for a second and then nod. "Ok JB, I will."