55. Church

We drive to the church and then walk inside. It's old as fuck. I help JB walk in. He limps.

"Ok, you're telling me Denmark Tanny decided to hide the cross here?" JJ asks.

"Everybody spread out and look." Kie says.

"Shouldn't a giant, gold cross be kinda obvious?" I ask.

"Yeah." Pope says. "But he probably hid it pretty well."

"If I was a cross and I wanted to be hidden in an old church, where would I hide?" JB asks.

"I wouldn't hide here in the first place." I say.

"Are you sure that he actually hid the cross here?" JJ asks. "Are we at the right church?" He asks. "What if we have to push a secret button or play like, a certain chord?" JJ asks. He walks over to the old piano thingy. "What if all the sudden, the ground beneath us reveals the catacombs or something on which we stand?" JJ says.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I ask.

"How about we look for obvious clues." JB says.

"It's not an escape room." Kie says.

"Come on! It has to be in here!" Pope says.

"I can't see where they'd hide a giant cross in here." JB says.

"There's no way he would set us up on a freaking goose chase!" Pope yells.

"Pope! Calm the fuck down!" I yell.

"I've been trying to have you calm down all day!" JJ says, joining in. "Ash, you haven't stopped arguing with me all day!" He says.

"Really?!" I ask, getting pissed again. "I'm not the one who fucking cheated 2 times!!" I yell.

"Guys!! Shut up!!" Pope yells. He starts climbing the wall.

"Pope! That's dangerous!" Kie says.

"Now Pope'a climbing the wall." JB says. "Thanks Ash and JJ."

"It's not my fault that he started an argument!" I say.

"Well look who's restarting it!" JJ yells. We start arguing again.

"You fucking started it!" I yell.

"Je t'aime!!" JJ says. "Je t'aime Ash!!! I don't how you can't tell!!"

"What the fuck does that even mean, JJ?!" I ask. "You've been saying that for weeks and never told me what it means!!" I yell.

"Well Ash, I thought you would've figured it out by now!!" JJ yells.

"JJ and Ash!!!! Just shut the fuck up!!" Sarah says. "Pope is climbing on rotted wood and you guys are worried about French words!!" She yells.

"Oh shit." Pope says, knocking on the old wood. "This one's hollow."

"Bro, watch out for that giant wasp nest right above your head." JJ says.

"Just move slow, alright?" JB says.

"Toss me a crowbar." Pope says.

"Kie, there's one in your truck, right?" I ask.

"Yeah." She says.

"I'll go grab it." I say. I run outside and get in the truck. I grab the crowbar but as soon as I get out of the truck, I hear some rustling in the woods. I whip my head around and don't see anything. I start walking towards the church again and I hear it again. "Hello?" I ask. There's no answer so I walk back inside the church.

"Throw it." Pope says.

"Pope, you are the least coordinated person I've met." I say. JJ grabs the crowbar from my hand and tosses the crowbar up to Pope. He catches it.

"See Ash? It wasn't that hard." JJ says. I roll my eyes.

Pope gets the wood off of the ceiling and it falls to the floor. It reveals the cross.

"Holy shit." I say. "We did it." We all starts cheering.

"We did it!!!" JB yells. Kie and I starts cheering with Sarah. Then Pope starts getting stung.

"Ah, they're stinging." Pope says.

"Hurry and get down from there." I say. Pope drops the crow bar and it almost hits me but JJ pulls me back and I immediately step away from him. Then Pope falls and is holding onto the wood with his hands while his body is dangling.

"Cushions!!" I yell. We grab the old cushions from the church phews and lay them on the floor under Pope. Pope falls and I cover my eyes. I don't want to see Pope fall to his death. I already had to watch Ward Cameron blow himself up.

Pope hits the cushions and I open my eyes. I rush over to him and then look up. My eyes go wide as I see the cross falling down straight for him. I yell and pull Pope out of the way and help him sit onto the phew.

My heart is racing and I put my hand on my chest as I focus on my breathing. Pope almost fucking died. I focus enough on my breathing.

"Ash, you good?" JB asks. I nod.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say, still breathing fast.I catch JJ looking at me.

We try to pull the cross out of the ground and we get it laying flat on the floor. Then we drop the cross and Pope falls to the ground.

"G-guys, I can't breath." Pope says. His eye is swollen.

"Allergic reaction." I say. "We gotta get him somewhere." Pope passes out. "Shit!" I say.

"JJ! Hide the cross." JB says. "We'll come back for it."

"How am I supposed to hide this huge thing?" JJ asks.

"I'll stay and watch it. If anyone comes, I'll defend it with my life." I say.

"You sure?" JJ asks.

"Yeah, of course I'm fucking sure." I say. "Now go!" I yell.

"Je t'aime." JJ says. He runs out of the church.

"What the fuck does that mean?!" I yell. I sigh and watch them drive away.

I sit on the phew and stare at the cross. It's huge. A few minutes later, I hear footsteps and I stand up and turn around to see Rafe, Renfield, and the arrow guys walking in.

"Get the hell out of here." I say.

"I don't think so." Renfield says.

I back up a little. "I will beat the shit out of you if you don't leave." I say.

"Mhm, sure." Rafe says.

"How about I beat the shit out of you first?" Renfield says. He walks towards me and backs me up against a wall. He puts his hands on my sides and then Rafe shoves him.

"Hey, I told you she was mine." Rafe says.

"Can I at least be the one to beat her?" Renfield asks. I shake my head no but Rafe nods.

"Sure." He says.

Renfield punches me in the stomach and I fall over. Then he kicks me continuously in the side and I groan and yell in pain. The arrow guys take the cross out of the church while Rafe watches Renfield beat me.

"P-please, stop." I say. Renfield kicks my face and I feel like I can't move. Then he walks away and Rafe ties my ankles together and my hands together.

"Ready for a round two?" Rafe asks. He smiles at me, but a creepy smile. He rapes me and I'm wide awake, there's nothing I can do about it. My screams of pain and fear aren't heard.

After a while, Rafe grabs a knife and pulls my shirt up at my side.

"W-what are you doing?" I ask, shaking.

"Don't move." Rage says. He digs the knife into my skin and writes his name. I scream as he does it and then he continues what he was doing earlier.