58. The CV Part 2

Ash's POV:

Sarah and I walk into a big room and see the cross in a wooden crate.

"What a fucking liar." I say. We walk down the stairs and back onto a deck. We go up some stairs and see the drivers of the boat in a window.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I ask.

"Yeah. I'll roll the bucket." Sarah says. She rolls a bucket by the door of the drivers. Then we both sneak in and grab a radio.

"Let's go." I say. We run out and down the stairs. We get to a wall and Sarah dials in the radio phone thingy.

"Hello?" She asks. "Hello! My name is Sarah and I'm on a boat called the Coastal Venture and I-"

"Hey!!" A man walks over to us and grabs the phone. "Sorry ma'am false alarm. That's just my teenage daughter playing pranks again. Sorry." He hangs up. I kick him in the balls and run. The man grabs Sarah but I keep running.

I watch Sarah and Ward talk to the drivers but I stay hidden. I have to get to the armory. I need guns. I walk down some stairs and sweat drips down my face. I walk all throughout the ship but I stay hidden with a hat covering my face with my head down. I can't find the armory but I need fresh air or I'm gonna pass out. Then the fire alarm goes off and I run outside and by the storage crates. I sit down and try to catch my breath.

Then I hear Ward and Sarah yelling on the side of the boat. I run over to them. "Ward!! Get the fuck away from her you bitch!" I slap him. And then he slaps me. I get pissed so I punch him and run.

"Ashlyn Routledge!! You will become a Cameron!! You have no choice!!" He yells as I run. I want to feel JJ's arms around me but I'll probably never see him again.

I run to the containers again and I sit behind one. I hear something inside of the one I'm sitting by by it's probably just the wind.

"I-I really need you JJ." I say to myself. "I love you." I start singing to myself. A song in Spanish called, "Ojos Marrones" I change up the lyrics a little bit. "Nada es igual, nada es igual, nada, sin tus ojos azules." I sing to myself. JJ's blue eyes. Then I hear the guards walking around and I stand up and peak around the corner.

"Open it up." A guy says. Then a girl jumps out of the crate.

"Hey! I already checked this one!" She says.

"What the fuck?" I ask myself.

"What if there was a stowaway in there?" The guard asks.

"Well there wasn't." The girl says. "Come on. Don't you have work to do?" She asks. She starts walking towards where I am so I run the other direction of the crate and I walk up a stairwell. Who was that? I run around the ship, away from the crate.

Then I hear banging on a door and I see Sarah, out of breath and I hear Ward yelling.

"Holy shit." I say. "You okay?" I ask.

"Yeah." Sarah says. She puts wood up against the door and the wall. I help her catch her breath. Then the loudspeaker comes on. Jesus. This ship is action packed.

"Attention, all passengers, all crew, report to the tween forward hall and wait for further instruction." It says.

"Fuck no." I say to Sarah. "Come on, we can use this time to find a way to escape." We both walk around the boat together.

"I hate him Ash." Sarah says. "Ward. He slapped me."

"A least you have a father." I say. "Mine died at sea. But I see what you mean. He's manipulative and a liar. I'm sorry how your life is falling apart."

Sarah sniffles. "Yeah." She says. "I just want everything to go back to normal. Just us looking for the treasure, me and John B."

"I hope we see them again." I say. "I can't live without JB and JJ." I say. Sarah and I hug.

We hide behind a wall where we can see everyone walk into the tween hall. "Why is everyone going in there?" I ask.

"I have no idea." Sarah says. "But if my dad escaped, we can't risk running into him. Let's go." Sarah says. We start walking the other direction. I see someone with a t-shirt with cut off sleeves slam the door shut. He has blond hair but I can't see his face. Is that JJ? Sarah grabs me. "Ash, we gotta go." She says. I run with her, I'm probably just being crazy.

We run out to the life boat and we drop it in the water and start dropping the ladder down. I can't stop thinking about that guy. "Sarah, I'll be right back." I say.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"I thought I saw someone." I say. I run down the stairs and run around the deck. "JJ!" I yell. "Please! Are you here?" I ask. I  turn a corner and see someone. I stop in my tracks and my eyes go wide.