78. Tired asf

Ash's POV:

I couldn't sleep that night either, not knowing if my brother is alive or dead. In the morning, Kie and I go to work at the wreck together.

"Holy shit." Kie says. "Is that Topper and Sarah?" Kie asks me.

I look over and see Topper and Sarah at a table together. "I think so. I can barely even keep my eyes open because I'm tired as fuck but I think that it's them." I say. They look over at us and Sarah looks guilty. I give her a look filled with anger and confusion. Kie and I go outside to load stuff onto a boat. A few seconds later, the Kook princess, Sarah Cameron walks over. Prolly the Kook Cheater, actually.

"Kie." Sarah says, walking down the dock. "Topper and I were just getting breakfast."

"It's none of my buisness." Kie says.

"Thats it." Sarah says. "You should join if you want to."

"I'll pass." I say.

Sarah quickly changed tones. "Wow, Ash, you look tired, are you okay?" Sarah asks, concerned.

"No Sarah." I say. "I haven't gotten sleep for two nights in a row because I've been worried sick about my brother." I say. "Not like you seem to care."

"Yo! Kie! Yo! Ash!" Topper says.

"Yo! Top!" Kie says, mocking him. I start laughing.

Topper walks down to us and tries to give me a fist bump. I just leave his fist out there. He looks like an idiot. Prolly 'cause he is one.

"I have to help my parents set up for their party tonight so I'll see you later." Kie says.

"Yeah, umm, I should head home." I say. "I'll see you tonight, Kie." I say. I walk away and start walking to the Chateau. When I get there, I'm super tired and dizzy so I can barely see. I walk inside and plop down onto the couch.

"Ash?" Someone asks. I look over and see John B, standing there, alive. My vision clears.

"Am I dreaming or am I just delusional as shit?" I ask. John B helps me up and immediately hugs me. "You-You're real?" I ask, a tear falling down my face.

"Yeah Ashie." JB says. "I'm here, I'm real." JB says. I hug him tighter and he hugs me tighter back.

"I thought our Pops would've shot you by now." I say.

"No, but he's kinda on the way to South America." John B says.

"Wait, what?" I ask, pulling away from the hug.

JJ walks in. "John B's explaining on the way." I run and hug JJ.

"Hey Princess." JJ says. "Get any sleep last night?" He asks. I shake my head no. Then he makes eye contact with John B. JJ picks me up and carries me to the Twinkie. "We'll grab Starbucks on the way." JJ says. "I found money in the couch cushion here." He says.

"Okay." I say. I lay down in the back seat, happy that JB is alive. I just lay there with my eyes open, unable to fall asleep. Maybe worrying about John B was just one part of not falling asleep.

Then JJ stops the Twinkie and goes inside to get me Starbucks. He already knows my order because we've been here a million times.

"So, how's it been going with JJ since I've been gone?" JB asks.

"He almost died. I thought that I'd never see him again." I say. JB looks at me, concerned,

"Wait, what did he do?" He asks.

"He was running from the cops on his dirt bike and the dirt bike went off of the over pass but luckily, JJ didn't." I say. "Then we talked about getting married and being together for the rest of our lives."

JB smiles at me. "I'm happy about that. You deserve him, Ash. He deserves you too." He says.

I smile and then I go in the passenger seat with JB and I hug him.

"Please don't leave or scare me ever again." I say. "I can't go through that again."

"I won't Ashie. But you gotta promise the same thing." JB says.

"I promise." I say. Then JJ gets in the car and he hands me my drink. "Thanks J." I say. I kiss him on the cheek and then head to the back to sit down. JB starts driving.

"Walk me through it one more time." JJ says, he is holding a map.

"Ok, that's where they're taking him." JB says. "That's the site of the idol."

"You pointed to just South America, you understand that, right?" JJ asks.

JB slowly nods. "Yep." He says.

"Is that all you know?" I ask. "He's somewhere in the giant ass continent of South America?" I ask.

"That's why we're going to the professors house." JB says. "He was at the site."

"Wait. Whoa whoa!! We're going to a house with a dead body in it?!" JJ asks. "That's where we're going?" JJ asks.

"Yeah." JB says.

"If the cops show up, you know what that makes us look like?" JJ asks.

"Murderers." I say. JJ looks at me but then looks back at JB.

"Yes." JB says. "I know what that makes us look like."

"Can we make it quick though?" JJ asks. "Just in and out." JJ says.

Then JB parks the Twinkie.