44. Out

That night, we all sleep at the Chateau together. JJ gives me a back massage to get me to fall asleep because I'm still worried about John B. In the morning, we wake up and go outside and try to figure something out. JJ is waxing his board out of frustration.

"That's a lot of wax on your board. Put on too much and it'll be slippery." Pope says. I roll my eyes.

"Pope, just shut up." I say, still frustrated about my brother.

"Are you telling me how to wax my board Pope?" JJ asks.

"Just saying." Pope says. Then JJ and him start arguing and I just sit down and listen to them argue, thinking about what JB must be doing. Rotting away in a prison cell, innocently. Then I hear a honk. Not just any honk, the honk of the Twinkie.

I stand up immediately. I hear music and I run and limp to the side of the house. My calf still hurts when I walk but not as much as before. Everyone else follows me. I see JB driving the Twinkie. My jaw drops and he stops the car and gets out. I immediately run and hug him.

"Holy shit." I say. JB hugs me back.

"I'm out!" JB says. We all start cheering.

"My boy's out of the can!" JJ says. We all have a group hug. "How'd you do it? You bust out?" JJ asks.

"No, they dropped all the charges." JB says.

"So you're telling me that I did all that work for nothing?" JJ asks.

"Oh, the most elaborate escape plan of all time?" Pope asks.

"Oh, foolproof." Kie says.

"Yeah, it was actually." JJ says.

"Wait, where's Sarah?" JB asks. Everyone goes quiet.

"I have no idea." I say. "I was stuck in a speeding ambulance with Nikolai over here." JJ chuckles.

"No, seriously." JB says.

"She went to go meet Wheezie last night." Kie says. "But she didn't come back."

We all walk out to the dock and now we're all sitting in the boat.

"So, Sarah just dips and doesn't call?" JB asks.

"Yeah man. She just left her bag. Didn't tell anybody." Pope says.

"I really think Ward got to her." John B says. "He tried to get me killed in jail." John B says.

"Wait what?" I ask.

"Yeah. He must've paid someone off because some fat ass prisoner guy with a large ass beard came into my cell and tried to kill me." John B says.

"It's okay." Kie says.

"No, its not okay." JB says.

"Kie, we have to find his wife." I say.

"No, she's right there." Kie says. We turn around and see her and Topper on a boat together.

"Uggh. I hate him." I say.

Sarah sees us and smiles. "John B!" She yells. She gets off Toppers boat and immediately hugs JB.

"I'm so glad you're okay." John B says.

I get up to go hug Sarah but my calf suddenly has a sharp pain and I slip and fall.

"Ow." I say. JJ helps me up.

"You okay there princess?" He asks.

"My calf just really hurts." I say.

"Lets go inside and we can take a look at it." JJ says. He picks me up and carries me inside. He sets me down on the counter in the kitchen and unwraps my calf. There is a huge scab forming. "It's healing up nicely." JJ says. "I think."

"It's bleeding JJ." I say. "I don't think that's a good thing."

"Well there's a scab over it so you prolly just stretched it or something." JJ says. "Happens to me all the time."

"Should we rewrap it?" I ask.

"Yeah probably." JJ says. He grabs a new cloth and then wraps and ties it around my calf.

JJ kisses me. "Did you figure out what 'Je t'aime' means yet?" JJ asks. I shake my head no.

"How am I supposed to figure it out?" I ask.

"It'll come to you." JJ says. We kiss each other and stare into each others eyes.