28. Hey Ashie

I go walk to Mr. Sunn's class with JJ. Kiara and Pope have already saved us two seats in the back next to each other. I smile a little when I see them. I go sit in the very back.

Mr. Sunn starts talking about some boring shit and I zone out but then my phone buzzes in my pocket and I look at it.

Unknown number : Hey sis. (1 attachment)

I open the attachment and gasp.

Holy shit. Everyone looks at me and I grab my bag.

"Umm sorry, family emergency." I say. I run out.

I run outside to the picnic tables and text back.

Ashlyn : Are you being fr?!?!

Unknown number : Yeah. Sarah and I are in Nassau

Ashlyn : Prove that this isn't some sick joke

Unknown message : audio clip

I listen to the audio clip and it is a whistle twice. My jaw drops.

Ashlyn : HOLY SHIT. YOU'RE FUCKING ALIVE!!?!!

Unknown caller : I sure am. You didn't think I'd leave without you, did you?

I smile with joy and scream.

"HOLY SHIT!!!" I scream. Then JJ, Kie, and Pope run out with their phones. They start cheering too.

"He's alive!!!" Pope says.

"This is fucking crazy!" Kie yells.

I go hug JJ and I start crying happy tears. "Oh my god." I say. I start laughing with joy and I smile and cry. My brother is alive. I didn't loose him.

"Yeah!!" JJ yells. "You can't kill a pogue baby!!!" He yells. 

I sit on the table with shock. I just stare at John B's face. He's alive. I still can't believe it.

"He wants us to clear his name." Kie says.

"Hell yeah." JJ says.

"P4L baby!!!" I say. We all hug and then leave school early.

We all go to to the dock outside of the Wreck.

"So we going to the Bahamas?" JJ asks.

"There's no way we're getting to the Bahamas." Pope says.

"We need to clear his name immediately." I say.

"Let's kidnap Rafe." JJ says. "Tie him up, stick the gun in his mouth and just wait till he starts squawking." JJ says.

"Torture'a a war crime." Pope says. "That's a felony."

"All we need is a witness. We saw the plane fly over our heads." Pope says.

I go sit at the edge of a boat and I stare into the endless ocean. The ocean that has caused so many problems. My dad went missing and died in the ocean. JB almost died in the ocean.

"Ash." JJ says. I look over at him. "Come on. Pope has got a plan." JJ says.

We get in Kiara's car and I stare at the ocean again. I can't seem to get away from it.

JJ cocks his pistol.

"JJ no." Pope says. "Put the gun down man."

"We gotta keep this simple!" He says.

"How about we just tickle the wire." Pope says.

"Pope, you have said a lot of weird things. And I mean a lot. But that, that has been the weirdest thing that you've ever said." I say.

"I plant my phone into his car and I listen in on my Airpods." Pope says. We park outside of the dudes house and Pope goes to the guys car to put his phone in.

"How's it been going? You know, with Pope and all." JJ asks Kie.

"It's good." Kie says.

"It's good? All right." JJ says. "In the bedroom, is he, like, kinda freaky, y'know, 'cause it's Pope, you know?" JJ asks.

Kie gives him a weird look. "Why are you asking?" She asks.

"I don't know. Just curious." JJ says. "Just spitballing here." I'm trying not to laugh.

"You don't need to spitball." Kie says. "We could sit in silence."

"Ranking wise." JJ says.

"Oh you're still asking?" Kie says. "You're still curious?"

"Is John B better?" He asks. I burst out laughing.

"What?!" She asks. Then Pope gets in the car and everyone goes silent.

"Phase one is complete." Pope says. "We all good?" He asks.