60. Poguelandia

Ash's POV (1 Month Later)

Poguelandia. Our new home. It might just look like an island, but to us, it's our own slice of paradise. I'm here with my best friends, my family. We are away from Obx, away from everything.

"Ash!" JJ says. "Help me hang my flag up!" JJ says.

I stand up. "Okay!" I say. I run over to him and grab the flag. He made it just like he said he would. A chicken, wearing a coconut bra, smoking a j, wearing crocs. "This looks amazing." I say.

"That's what she said." JJ says. He kisses me and chuckles. "Can you climb that tree and tie the flag?" He asks.

"Yep." I say. I tuck the flag into my shorts and start climbing the tree. I get super high up.

"Ok, that's good." JJ says. "Don't hurt yourself. I can risk you falling. John B would kill me." I climb up a little higher and laugh. "Ash!" JJ says. "Really?" He asks.

I sigh and tie the flag to the tree. "Woooohoooo!! Poguelandia!!!" I yell. Then the wind picks up and blows the flag. JJ cheers.

"Yes Ashlyn!!" He says. "Now come on, get down." He says, smiling. I look up at the sun but then a stick snaps off of a tree and hits me in the face. I move my hands up to get it off but then I start falling off of the tree.

My whole body tenses up and I close my eyes as I fall but I feel myself being caught in someone's arms, JJ Maybank's arms. I slowly open my eyes and look at JJ.

"You okay?" I ask him.

"I'm completely fine. Are you okay? You're the one that just fell from the tree." JJ says.

"Yeah, I'm good." I say. I kiss JJ. He kisses me back. "I love this place." I say. "I don't ever want to go back to the Obx." I say.

"Me neither. I want to stay here with you forever." JJ says. "We got everything we need right here."

That night, we have our nightly bonfire.

"Alright, truth or dare?" Kie asks me, putting on the hat that Sarah made.

"Hmmm, dare." I say.

"Ok, I dare you to go onto the beach, grab wet sand, and put it on top of your head for the next 3 turns." Kie says.

"Ok, easy enough." I say. I go grab wet sand and put it on my head.

"JB, truth or dare?" I ask.

"Truth." He says.

"If you could do it all again, what would you do different?" I ask.

"Hmmm, that's a tough one." JB says.

"Get the gold out before Ward did." JJ says. "Not get drunk as fuck at the bonfire."

"Yeah, I'd go with you guys to save Pope. I wouldn't climb a huge spikey metal fence while a pedophile chases me." I say.

"Not yell, 'murderer' at Ward, maybe." Kie says.

"Uhh, steal a couple of bottles of rum before we jumped off the boat." JB says.

"Yeah, why didn't you do that?" JJ asks.

"Maybe because I was in a fight to the death." JB says.

"I would look both ways before crossing the street." Cleo says. "He hit me with a car." She says.

"Yeah, my bad." John B says.

"JJ, truth or dare." JB asks.

"Do you even have to ask?" JJ asks. "Dare."

JB points to the huge cliff by the ocean. "No one's done the jump yet." He says. "I dare you to do it with Ash."

JJ and I nod at each other and climb up to the cliff. We stand at the edge and I look over at JB.

"John B! If I die, I blame you!" I yell. JJ grabs my hand.

"You ready?" He asks. "Mrs. Maybank?"

"Fuck yeah." I say, smiling. "Mrs. Maybank?" I ask.

"Ash, one day, you will be my wife. We will live on an island somewhere, maybe even this island. We will have a bunch of little rascal kids and we'll be rich as fuck. We'll go full kook but still be Pogues." JJ says. He smiles at me.

"What are you two waiting for?!" Sarah yells. "Jump!"

JJ and I look at each other and both do front flips into the water. We swim to the beach, cheering with everyone.

Later, we go to sleep. I sleep next to JJ and JB. I'm in the middle of them. I occasionally get nightmares but either JJ or JB help me calm down and get me back to sleep. The nightmares are about Rafe. I hate him so much but I'm scared of him. I have a scar of his name on my side that no one knows about. I haven't told anyone or shown anyone. Not even JB or JJ.

My calf has a giant scar on it now as well. JJ calls it my "Scar of the fence attack." We never got the blood stains out of the yellow t-shirt that I wear but they're faded and not as visible as before.

I kiss JJ's forehead and he kisses mine back. "Goodnight my princess." He says.

"Goodnight, my prince." I say. I fall asleep in JJ's arms.