35. Melon

The whole boat hears what I say to JB.

"Wait, seriously?" John B asks. He looks over at JJ. JJ nods.

"Are you mad?" I ask.

"Of course not Ashie." John B says. He hugs JJ. "As long as you're both happy, I'm happy."

When we get back to Obx, JJ's shirt is tied around my calf. We cut short of the Chateau but we are only a few miles away from it.

Kie, Sarah, and I walk into the woods and find some watermelon. We crack one open and start eating it,

"So you really got married?" Kie asks Sarah.

"It wasn't exactly legal, but yeah." Sarah says. "Is there something going on between you and Pope?" She asks Kie.

"Maybe." Kie says.

"That's not a no." Sarah says. "Ash, how are you and JJ doing?"

"We're doing great actually." I say.

"When did you and JJ, you know, do it?" Sarah asks. "Sorry that was a weird question. You don't have to answer it."

"No it's fine." I say. "It was that one night when we were at The Wreck. I don't think you were there. We walked down to the beach together. It was one of the greatest nights of my life." I say, smiling to myself and remembering that night.

We start walking back to the boat and I hear JJ talk about Yucatan again.

"Hi!" Sarah says. We all have a watermelon. "What y'all talking about?" She asks.

"Fishing." JB says. I raise my eyebrows at him. He's the worst liar that I've ever met.

I go sit at the end of the boat with JB and I lean into his side. "JB, you don't know how much I've missed you." I say.

"I actually do know." JB says. "JJ told me all about it." JB hugs me. "But I missed you too."

I hug JB and then JJ picks me up from behind and holds me bridal style. "Well hello there my little princess." He says.

"Well hello there my big prince." I say, laughing. JJ kisses me and I kiss him back. He sets me down on the sitting area of the boat.

"Can I take a look at your calf?" He asks. I nod and JJ hands me his beer. I take a sip.

JJ slowly unwraps his t-shirt and it is all blood. I see the huge, deep, cut on my calf and my breathing increases.

"John B!" JJ says. "Are you willing to sacrifice your shirt to Ash's massive cut?" He asks in an olden proper English voice.

JB nods. "Yes, sir, of course." He says in the same accent. He stands up and walks over to look at my calf. He takes off his shirt and hands it to JJ. JJ rips it and starts wrapping it around my calf.

"Ow." I say. I close my eyes.

"So how'd this happen?" JB asks, supporting my calf so JJ can tie the shirt around it.

"This creepy pervert dude, Renfield was chasing me and I went to climb this fence with massive ass spikes." I say. "Renfield shook the fence when I was at the top and I fell and the spike got me."

"Damn." JB says. "I'll beat his ass for you." He says. He smiles at me and I smile back.

"Ash, I will say, you are one strong cupcake." JJ says. He sits next to me and kisses my cheek.