16. Fire Poker

We went under the Crains house and found water. Then, we go back to my house. JB brought Sarah Cameron. Now, her and Kiara are fighting.

"My bet's on Kie." I say to Pope and JJ. I hand JJ a buck. Then Kiara asks JB to choose between them.

"I told you John B!" Sarah says.

"Told him what?" Kie asks.

"That your a shit talking bitch!" Sarah yells. Then Kiara asks JB to choose between them.

"Give me 20 JJ." I said. "I told you he was gonna ask."

Then Kiara storms out and Sarah leaves. I'm making a sandwich in the kitchen and JB is sitting on the counter.

Pope walks back in after talking to Kie.

"What did she say?" JB asks.

"That you're an idiot." Pope says.

"Look, I can't make a decision." JB says.

"Listen JB, I know it's hard, but we need them to be on the same side." I say.

"I have a plan." JB says. "And you three are gonna help me out." He says.

Later, we strand Kie and Sarah on a boat. "Sorry Kie!!" I yell. We all dive off of the boat.

—————————————————————————

When we go back for them, they're fine with each other so we go to the Crain house and Kie and Sarah go inside to turn off the breakers. There is a motion sensor light so they have to turn it off,

When it turns off, JJ, JB, Pope, and I go to the basement.

"Guys this is full C.H.U.D." JJ says. "Cannibalistic humanoid underground dwellers." JJ says.

"Oh my god I love that movie." I say. "It's about cannibals that live in the sewers under New York City."

We start lowering John B down the hole. "Be careful JB." I say.

"I will Ashie." He says. Then JJ let's go of the rope accidentally. JB screams. "I told you not to drop me!!" He yells.

I keep hearing JB's shaky breaths. I whistle twice and he whistles twice back.

"Ew. I'm hanging over some nasty sewer water shit." JB says. "Lower me down." A few seconds later, JB screams. "JJ!!! Pull me up!!! Mr. Crains jaw skull is down here!!" He screams.

I help pull him up. But then he screams "wait!"

"J-JB are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah. I think I found something." He says.

"John B, any dead bodies?" JJ asks.

There's no response and I start to get nervous. Then Kie and Sarah run downstairs to us.

"We gotta go. She tried to kill us with a fire poker. We locked her in the parlor." Kie says.

"Code red!" I yell.

"John B! Get back on man we gotta go!" Pope yells. JJ starts pulling John B back up.

John B yells something. "He's drowning! We gotta pull him up!" JJ says.

We all start to pull him up but then we hear a gunshot and see the old Crain woman with a shotgun.

We all hide and get down low. "She's blind!" I yell. I see Ky and Sarah leave and then I breath faster. I hear another gunshot and then pull my brother up.

"Let's go." I say. We both sprint out.

"Guys!! I got the gold!!" JB yells. We all hop over the stone fence and we all start cheering. We get in the car and start driving.

Then I feel a sharp pain in my side. I look at it and see blood everywhere.

"J-JB." I say, shaking. He looks at me and his eyes go wide. "Oh shit." He says.

Tears fall down my eyes. "Sh-she got me a little." I say.

JJ looks back at me and he has Kie drive. He goes to the back with me and helps JB out.

I am now sitting in between JJ's legs and facing JB. JJ has his arms wrapped around me and he is holding both of my hands.

"Hey Ash, you're gonna be ok." He says. "John B, how bad is it?"

"We don't need to go to the hospital so that's great." JB says. "I mean we probably should go but we aren't going to. Ash doesn't like hospitals and we just need someone to clean it." JB says.

I can barely breath. I'm panicking but I can't move. I can't talk. I'm frozen. Then I get dizzy.

"J-JJ." I say.

"What do you need Princess?" He asks.

"I-I don't feel too good." I say. "I-I don't think I'm gonna make it."

"Ash, it's ok. Just stay awake for me." JJ says. He kisses the top of my head and runs his thumb over the back of my hand.

"I-I can't." I say. Then I drift off into darkness.