90. Crazy People

JJ POV:

I am at the airstrip with everyone when I see Kie running towards us. Not Ash.

"Guys!! It's Ash!" Kie says. "My parents sent her to that wilderness camp!!" Kie says, clearly panicking.

"Kie, calm down." JB says.

"Sh-she told me to run and that she'd find us." Kie says. "Th-they locked her in a van and drove her away." Kie says, tears falling down her face. Then I start to panic.

Ashlyn was basically just kidnapped to go to some camp in the woods for psychos. I might never see her again. I might never be able to hear her voice or see her face. Fuck. I need to save her.

"Give me an hour." JJ says. "I'll figure out exactly where she is. If I'm not back in an hour, leave without me. I'll find another way. I need the keys to the Twinkie." I say.

JB looks at me for a second.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing." JB says. "Go and save my little sis." JB says. He hugs me and gives me the keys.

"I'll take care of her! Ash and the Twinkie!" I say.

I run to the Twinkie and go to Kie's parents house.

ASH POV:

I wake up in the backseat of the van driving in the middle of the woods. I sit up and look out the window. There's no point in trying to escape now.

"Hey, where are you taking me?" I ask the driver. He just looks at me and says nothing. "Yo? Dude, where the hell are you taking me?" I ask. The guy doesn't respond and I roll my eyes. Then I see some people ahead of us and a sign that says, Kitty Hawk. Stupid name.

Two guys get me out of the car and grab my arms so I can't escape. We walk past a bunch of girls. They all look miserable. I see them digging with shovels and mowing lawns. Damn, am I gonna be a slave?

Then a lady gives me some clothes. It's a green t-shirt and spandex shorts. At least it's a comfy outfit.

Then it hits me, will I ever see JJ or JB again? They'll be in South America and I'll be here, in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of psychos. Great.

A lady leads me to a bathroom where I put my new clothes on. Then I'm led to a room with another lady in it, she looks like she's a really important part of the camp, just by the way that her office is set up.

"Hello Ashlyn, we've been expecting you." The lady says. "I'm going to go over some rules." She says. "Patients are not allowed to contact the outside world during the first six weeks of their stay. "They can't use their phones. Patients will work to be diligent and polite. Patients will be expected to get to work on time. Be awake by six, and asleep by 9. Failure to adhere to the rules will result to time in the reflection cabin. This is all in the patients best interest." The lady says.

"Fuck you. This is a psycho lab." I say.

The lady rolls her eyes. "Let's get straight to point, I'd like to ask you some questions." The lady says.

"Go for it." I say.

"Why do you think you're here?" The woman asks,

"Because Kie's parents are just two kooks that think Pogues are nothing but pieces of shit that are designed to screw up peoples life's." I say. "But in reality, I think that they're just jealous that their daughter, Kiara, spends more time with her friends than her family." I say.

"Ok but why would they send you here? You aren't their daughter." The lady says.

"They sent me here because they want me to not be a Pogue. They want me to be some pretty little princess because they know that they already lost their actual daughter." I say.

"Ok, thanks for sharing." The woman says. "Now, going after what the Carrera's said and what you said, I found a name for your condition."

"There isn't a condition for this." I say. "This is just who I am. A natural born Pogue who loves her friends so much that they're her family." I say.

"ODD." The woman says.

"Odd? Like I'm an odd person or what?" I ask.

"Oppositional defiant disorder." The woman says.

"I failed english. I don't know what the fuck you just said." I say.

"It's consistent opposition to authority." The woman says.

"I still don't know what you're saying." I say. "And it sounds like bullshit." I say,

"It means that you don't listen to people." The lady says. "We're going to fix you."

"Fix me? I'm not broken. This is just who I am." I say. "I-I'm not a piece of shattered glass."

"Consistent." The woman says. I roll my eyes. "It's treatable with medication." The woman says,

"I'm not taking pills for some bullshit disease that you just made up like and hour ago." I say. "It's not happening."

"You just proved my point." The lady says.

"Can I use the toilet? I gotta pee." I say.

"Yeah sure." The lady says. I go to the bathroom and lock the door. Then I go to unlock the window but it's glued shut.

Then a man bangs in the door. "Open the door." He says.

"No. Shut the fuck up you ugly bastard." I yell. Then the guy opens the door and grabs me. "Get off of me!" I yell. The man grabs me and takes me to a little hut. "You are crazy people!" I yell.

They throw me into the reflection cabin. It's dark, I start to panic.