82. Attempted

Kie and I have a drink each and we are just talking. Then I see Topper and Sarah hug. I mentally throw up.

"So, married?" Kie asks. "You and JJ?" She asks.

"No, not officially yet. But we're thinking about it." I say.

"Do you want to marry him?" Kie asks.

"Yeah, of course. He's the love of my life." I say. "I'm just nervous about the wedding part. I'm nervous and worried about everything but I can't help it." I say.

"I think you and JJ are meant to be." Kie says. "Forever."

I smile at the thought and then I look over and see John B and Topper, face to face.

"Oh fuck." I say. John B shoves Topper and I start walking over to JB. They start arguing and then Sarah tries to calm JB down but he turns around and punches Topper right in the face. I want to cheer but that's probably not the best thing to do right now.

"JB!" I yell. "I know you're mad but seriously?!" I ask. Topper is barely breathing on the ground. Then JB punches Topper again. Then I notice everyone watching us.

"What are you doing?!" Sarah screams. JB continuously punches Topper so I go and put my arms on JB's arms to stop him but he shoves me away, elbowing me in the process. I fall to the ground in pain.

"John B! What the fuck?!???" I yell. Then Mike Carrera runs and grabs John B and yanks him off of Topper. JJ runs over to me and helps me up. Then he and I stand in front of JB. Mike looks dead into JJ and I's eyes.

"Get outta here!!!" Mike yells. JJ grabs my hand and we both start getting John B out of the party. I notice that tears are falling down my face. We all walk back to the boat as people call 911. Sarah stand there, scared and lost. Not sure what to do.

JJ, JB, and I get in the boat and we drive away. JJ and JB argue and I just sit there, thinking about what just happened. I stare into the dark night on the water and tears are still falling down my face. I shiver a little bit but I don't care.

My brother just sent someone to the hospital. In front of everyone. He might actually get sent to jail.

We get back to the Chateau and I go straight to my room. Not a word from anyone. I slam the door and I put on one of JJ's hoodies and a pair of jean shorts. I won't be able to fall asleep now. I hear a knock on the door.

"Hey, Ash, you okay babe?" JJ asks. I just sniffle. This was a terrible night.

"I-I'm fine J." I say, tears falling down my face.  I let a loud sob out and then JJ opens the door and immediately hugs me. I cry into his shoulder as he closes the door.

"It's alright Ashlyn. JB is gonna be okay." JJ says. We lay down on the bed and I cry for a few minutes. Then I calm down a little and stop.

"Did John B hit you?" JJ asks. "I thought I saw you fall to the ground by JB."

"Y-yeah. He was just angry though. I don't think that he meant it." I say. "Just an elbow to the gut."

JJ slowing touches me stomach and I wince in pain. "I think it bruised." JJ says. Be lift up my shirt a little and nods. "Yep. Black and blue mark. You'll be okay." JJ says.

"Where's JB?" I ask.

"Out on the porch. I tried to talk to him but he won't say a word to me." JJ says. I sigh and yawn.

"C-can I just be alone tonight?" I ask. JJ nods.

"Of course, whatever you need baby." JJ says. He kisses me and then leaves the room. I get under the blankets on my bed. Then I try to fall asleep. I just lay there but my mind is going to fast. I don't sleep until 7:00 am.

—————————————————————————

The sound of a bell wakes me up. What the fuck? It's 8:00. One hour of sleep. I get up and look out my window and see JB next to the bell in our yard. I roll my eyes and get up. I walk outside to JB and I stand next to him.

"Good morning Mr. Hothead." I say. "Do any attempted murders while I was asleep?" I ask. JB looks down at me.

"Ash, I-I'm sorry. For everything." JB says. "Did I hurt you?" He asks. "Like an elbow to the face or something?"

"To the gut, actually." I say. I show him my stomach and regret fills his eyes.

"Ash, I'm so sorry." He says. He hugs me and I hug him back. "I love you." He says.

"I love you too, bro." I say. Then we head inside.