7. Square Grouper

A few minutes later, we see a boat headed straight towards us.

"Uh guys, we should go." I say. JJ pulls up the anchor and JB starts driving.

They follow us and start speeding up.

"Guys, I don't like this." Pope says. Then we hear a gun shot and JJ basically tackles me to the ground.

"JB!!! Get down!!!" I scream. JJ holds me down to the floor. JB keeps driving and I start panicking."J-JJ." I say. I start breathing faster.

"Hey, I got you. You're okay." JJ says. He rubs my back white holding me down. "We're gonna be fine." He says.

If you can't tell by now, JJ has had a lot of experience with me and my stress, anxiety, panic attacks, nightmares, and just the side effects of trauma.

I hear more gunshots and close my eyes harder.

I hold onto JJ for dear life and then I see Kiara get up and throw a huge net behind the boat. It gets caught in the engine and we go around a corner and lose them.

"Wooohoooo!!" JB yells. "We did it!!" He says.

JJ helps me up. "You alright princess?" He asks.

"Yeah I'm fine now." I say. We go back to the house and go to open the bag that John B got from the boat.

"Just open it already!" Pope says.

"Woah, chillax, Pope." I say.

John B opens it and there is a silver container in it. JB opens the container and dumps out a compass.

"Great. A compass." JJ says. "We risked our lives for that."

I recognize the compass. It was JB and I's fathers.

"JB..." I say looking at him. He looks at me with hope in his eyes.

"It's our fathers." John B says. My eyes get watery. We both smile at each other and hug.

That night, I sleep in the house and fall asleep easily for the first time in a while.

I'm asleep on the couch and hear a banging on the door.

"DCS!! I know you're in there!" Someone yells. I shoot up.

JJ jumps at the window and I jump. "Seriously?" I ask.

JJ starts laughing "You should've seen your face!!"

I put on shirt jean shorts and a bikini top.

We all get in the Twinkie and JJ is convincing JB that he should ask Kiara out.

"Yeah you start blushing and shit." JJ says.

"You literally said that you wanted to slap Ash's ass yesterday!" JB says.

"I mean can you blame him though?" I ask. "I mean, I'd slap his ass."

JJ looks at the compass. "I gotta admit. The compass in the boat is pretty freaky." JJ says.

"That's why we're gonna talk to Ms. Lana." John B says.

"Mhm it's not like her husband just drowned or anything." I say.

We pull up to her house but there's already someone there. We stand outside of her house and we hear screaming and shattering.

We lean against the wall and paint starts coming off of the walls.

My heartbeat increases so I hold JJ's hand. He holds mine like he's comforting himself too.

After they leave, we walk inside and ask about the compass. Lana's eyes go wide.

"No. Don't tell anyone that you have it." Lana says.

"Why?" JB asks.

"JB, let's get out of here." I say. JJ pulls him out. The car ride back is silent.