favorite person

Kana got to hang out with her father all day. They usually started by going to the Bakery with all the sweets cause Kana liked them.

They walked in seeing Ms.Amai. Ms.Amai smiled apon seeing them, "Ms.Amai!" Kana yelled out waving with a toothy grin. "Hello Kana!" Ms.Amai said sounding happy.

Ms.Amai bent down grabbing some chocolate putting it in a bag, before handing it to Kana. "Thank you Ms.Amai" Kana said bowing, Giyuu was trying to teach Kana more manners for when she encountered new people, for certain reasons.

Giyuu and Kana left there after buying a few more things. They went to a few clothing stores, after that.
There was a girl with black hair they saw almost everywhere that looked around Kana's age. They had a little girl with them.

They looked like they were stealing, the older one would stuff things in her bag. Giyuu walked up to her holding Kana's hand crouching down to her height. She look mortified, Giyuu hadn't even said anything yet. Her hair covered her eyes, but he could tell by the way her lip sucked in and her mouth opened. Her hands trembled, along with the one holding the younger ones hand. She grabbed the bag and ran off, being stopped by the store clerk "what you got in that bag" The store clerk talked. The girl pause for a moment running off again.

Giyuu picked Kana up before saying "how about we go home Kan" Giyuu said, walking up to the register, paying for their stuff, before walking out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

'i can't afford to get caught, dad would be mad' tears streamed down the girls face as she ran with her hand in her younger sisters. She opened the door to her but. The immediate smell of cigars going into her nose feeling her lungs. She coughed a bit while she covered her little sister nose waling to a dirty mattress that laid on the floor.

She set down her bag, grabbing a tattered blanket covering her sister from the cold. The blanket was only big enough for her sister now. It was easier when they were younger, most definitely.

The mattress had springs sticking out of it, so if you'd accidentally rolled onto one it'd, poke you, 'mama says that's where she gets most of her scars, I don't believe her though' the girl thought. "Did you get the stuff I sent you to the village for" a loud booming voice echoed around the room, 'how did I not hear his foot steps!?' the girl thought she trembled as she looked up at the tall figure.
"Well?!" He said started to get inpatient, a cigar in his hand still smoking, and an open bottle in the other hand. She opened her mouth to speak only a squeaky noise came out her mouth "answer me!" He put his hand up to his her as he got impatient. "Hotaru!" She was quickly covered by a body, 'Mama!' she recognized.

Her mother got hit in the process of protecting her and her sister.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for today. Thank you for reading, have a good day or night, stay hydrated and eat something.

Also! Today is my birthday! (⁠人⁠*⁠´⁠∀⁠`⁠)⁠。⁠*゚⁠+