Chapter 9: Story

I'm so sorry it took long to update! I've been trying to figure out the ideas of this chapter and the others and then I took a break from ELEMENTAL to write another stories which will soon be published!!!

(Nate couldn't sleep that night. He got up to take a glass of water and surprisedly saw Tasha training outside; she swings her sword moving it in different directions. Nate was surprised and sits down for some moments to watch her. After the training, she pants and cleans her forehead as she was sweating. She saw Nate)

TASHA: Bro, aren't you gonna sleep?

NATE: What about you? Why are you training by this time of the night?

TASHA: Because I don't want to lose anymore. Yami is strong and I want to defeat him.

NATE: I see.

TASHA: Do you think humans are like that?

NATE: Huh, What

TASHA: Nevermind

NATE: He's not a human. (Tasha was surprised) Manipulators are keen to doing things magnificent. However they resolve to a difficult situation.

TASHA: You are smart, bro.

NATE: I've been reading lately since I want to know everything we all face in this world.

TASHA: Wow. I hope you will tell me everything on what you have learnt.

NATE: Yeah. By the way, how also we train together.

TASHA: (Smiles) Okay.

NATE: I hope one day we will be able to overcome situations just like dad.

TASHA: Dad.

NATE: Don't worry he's going to come home. Remember his promise.

TASHA: Yeah.

NATE: (Thought) Tasha must be worried about dad. I know he will come, he never fails his promise.

(There was flashback)

"I and my sister went born into a noble clan of swordsmen, the Leighton clans and my father was the head. He was also a teacher who trained students to become warriors"

(Nate was 16 years old while Tasha was 14 years old at that time)

FATHER: The swordsmanship is not about fighting; what I mean is you fight when you achieve something, it's all about what you believe. You don't fight without observing your surroundings. (Brings out his sword) When blocking, you incline your sword toward your face and quickly find his weakness. Once you do that, you will be able to find an opening to finished him off.

"We started training and I came out the best, same with my sister. Days later, my mother died of a strange illness as we later arranged the funeral and that was the same day I became a warrior. We go out for war and fought side-by-side against the enemies. We managed to dominate the southern region and overthrown the head. Days later after the war was over, my father organized a big party to welcome his warriors"

"Two weeks later, I sat down outside looking up to the sky as the ruffling sound of leaves was made. The place was peaceful as they was no disturbance. Surprisedly, the silence broke down and I could hear a voices. I stood up and turned back thinking it will be my dad or sis. I followed the voice and it was dad. I was about to meet him and he was seen having a discussion with one of the warriors"