Chapter 13: What It Takes

(Kaaru was writing something on a small notebook in his room... Yeah it was a diary. He says...)

"Okay, most of you don't know much about me. My name is Kaaru Kagawa. I was born in Tokyo, the city where 70% of population have mysterious powers after a meteor crash, which we call the elements and those people who have the powers were called manipulators. The 30% were humans which we call them non-manipulators. I stayed with my aunty, Junri after my parents died when I was only four. After I got my powers from an accident. Things change as group of assassins known as the Aok are after me, maybe for some reason but I don't know. My first day at Takayoshi High School, I met three friends who also have Manias and a teacher who taught me how to control these powers. I made a promise that I'm going to kill the person who killed my parents with the help of my fire mania. The world is no longer safe as manipulators misuse the powers to take advantages to the innocent people. One day, I'm going to stop all these madness and soon the world will recognize me as a true hero."

[Saturday at 02:00am, At Kagawa's residence]

(Later, Kaaru was in his room as he reads books on how to fight. He looks for some while and begins to thought)

KAARU: (Thought) I may have defeated those two siblings... but I still need to improve more on how to be strong. Shin may have helped me. And it's not enough, there is more that is missing. (Looks at the books like there was one he looked at, the more "How to fight a martial arts") Fighting can't be the answer to this. I need to be strong, I still look weak. (Looks at his palm and clenches it. He then heard a knock at his door)

JUNRI: Kaaru, Lunch is ready.

KAARU: Okay I'll be right there.

(He kept the books he was reading back to his shelf and went to the dinning table. After dinner, Kaaru packs the plate and meets Junri in the kitchen while she was washing)

JUNRI: Thank you (as she took it from him)

KAARU: Aunty Junri, was the visitor you were expecting still come?

JUNRI: Yes. He did, he didn't talk much only drinking a coffee. You came late by the time immediately he was gone yesterday.

KAARU: Oh... yeah. (As he scratches his neck)

JUNRI: Why did you come home late?

KAARU: (Thought as he looked at his aunty) Should I tell her? No... there's no way I can tell her that I'm a manipulator, She will be worried?

JUNRI: Kaaru?

KAARU: Ah! It's nothing, Junri. I only stayed for practice yesterday.

JUNRI: Practice?... Okay (She said with a sincere smile)

KAARU: (Thought as he was relief) She believed me.

JUNRI: I know you joined the art practice session.

KAARU: Yeah, Of course I joined. Hehehe!

(Kaaru doesn't want to tell his aunty the truth that he is a manipulator and he encountered two assassins and the lightning man. He thinks that would be dangerous if she sees one like that or involved in a matter like that. And to his relief, she believed him)

(That same day, Kaaru is strolling as he stopped and looked at the shop he brought his mask the other day, he thinks of what to buy and knows it now. He opened the door and surprisedly he saw Shin and Ippei drinking together and discussing as Kaaru was surprised)

(Shin noticed Kaaru's presence and was happy to see him)

SHIN: Oh hey Kaaru.

KAARU: Good day, Shin-sensei.